We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Irish pubs in manhattan

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Good Irish pubs in manhattan

Can anyone recommend a good 'real' Irish pub in manhattan?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

When we stayed at Hilton Garden Inn at 35th and 6th avenue, there were several Irish pubs on that block (35th) The Playwright and O'Reilly's. Don't know how they compare to others. The beer was cold I remember that <g>. Oh and they definitely appeared to be "real", I could barely understand the waitress !!

Something I tried, lo and behold it works, put in your hotel address into Google Maps. Then click "Search nearby" and put in "Irish pubs". They will appear, and you can float cursor over to get name and reviews of each.

Edited: 09 August 2013, 22:14
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

I 2nd O'reilly's!

Good food. Great owner and easy to get to(34th Street/Herald Square stop on the subway.)

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

Making a note of this as well! Thanks for recommendation.

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

Molly's on 3rd Avenue...good food, low key, several of the staff are Irish.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

Hola.

How about some GREAT Irish pubs in Manhattan?

We can highly recommend Foley’s Pub & Restaurant at 18 West 33rd Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues across the street from the Empire State Building. Years ago we had offices in the ESB and ate at Foley’s on many nights when we were working late.

We can also highly recommend McAnn's Bar and Restaurant at 3 West 46th Street (just west Fifth Avenue). A friend from the "Fighting 69th" told us about the place a while back and it has got the BEST corned beef sandwiches.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Ireland
Level Contributor
926 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

There are plenty of 'real' Irish pubs in Ireland, and definitely in Galway, why not do something different in New York?!

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

......that said, Yes, we do agree LMC,....us New Yorkers do have an Irish history and we do love our real pubs. We can also very highly recommend Tir na nÓg at 5 Penn Plaza (8th Ave At 33rd Street), and for more information, see:

http://www.tirnanognyc.com

There is also another location near Times Square, but we have found the one at Penn Station to be always crowded, friendly and the waiters & waitresses are very attentive.

You might like to try it the next time you are here.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,867 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

I love Tir Na Nog too. Great atmosphere, food and beer. I go back every visit.

9. Re: Good Irish pubs in manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:17