We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From EWR to Bryant Park area by bus?

Kaarst, Germany
Level Contributor
121 posts
71 reviews
From EWR to Bryant Park area by bus?

Hi experts,

I have found a bus connection between EWR an NYC Midtown for 16 $ each(Newark Airport Express Bus/Coach USA). We will have to go from Terminal B to the Bryant Park stop, our hotel is close to that.

We think, this might be an option, without transfers between Airtrain, PATH and others.

How is your experience with that, especially loading and unloading luggage?

Thank you.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,409 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: From EWR to Bryant Park area by bus?

Since it's an AIRPORT connecting bus, the driver helps you load the luggage into the undercarriage. And since you want a one-seat ride, it sounds like an excellent idea to me.

I've seen them go by, headed to and from the Lincoln Tunnel which gets them to EWR, when I've been walking along 42 St, for years.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: From EWR to Bryant Park area by bus?

Well, I use it a lot without a lot of luggage. Recently it seems they have stopped loading luggage below and people have had to schlep their luggage inside to front luggage areas. The driver seemed to have helped people who had big stuff. They may still load your luggage below if you ask. I don't know. But it is simpler than all of the train changes for where you are going. I love the bus in the morning because it has a separate lane so I can watch everyone else sitting in traffic and for me it is fun to return "home" early in the morning and take another bus uptown. (Don't forget to visit the Library, the Morgan, ICP and Grand Central since you will be staying in the neighborhood)

thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc

Level Contributor
18 posts
3. Re: From EWR to Bryant Park area by bus?

How long would a bus take to get to Midtown compared to the train from EWR?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
12,334 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: From EWR to Bryant Park area by bus?

Reviews of that bus service are somewhat mixed yelp.com/biz/newark-liberty-airport-express-… but if it was me I'd go for it. The worst that will happen is that you'll see a bunch of angry people waiting for the bus and then just turn around and head for Airtrain.

5. Re: From EWR to Bryant Park area by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:17