We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arthur Ave After The Yankees Game

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Arthur Ave After The Yankees Game

We are going to the Yankees game on Saturday 12th May, the game starts around 4.00pm, so I gather it should finish around 8.00pm

Would we have enough time to have dinner somewhere on Arthur Ave or would this be too late

I got these directions from Google,

Subway D towards Norwood-4 stops get off Tremont Ave Station

Walk to East Tremont Ave, Grand Concourse.

BX 36 Bus to West Farm Square, 8 stops, get off at E180 Street & Arthur Ave

many thanks

Karen

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Arthur Ave After The Yankees Game

8 pm too late for dinner in NYC - that's actually early for some folks.

Do you have something else to do after the game?

If not, Arthur Ave will offer some fine choices for dinner.

Go for it!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arthur Ave After The Yankees Game

Thanks Poppa,

We had planned to go to Athur Ave for dinner after the game, so have not planned anything else. Read some really good reports about the Ave, thought being up that way we don't need to make a special trip.

Guess just get the bus go off at at E180 Street & Arthur Ave and hope for the best

cheers:

Karen

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arthur Ave After The Yankees Game

I think the best part of Arthur Ave is the markets, cheese shops, etc and many will be closed at 8pm. The bakeries/cafes will still be open in the evening. However, you might want to consider going before the game to wander around the markets, sample some delicious cheeses and breads, have some lunch and then head over to Yankee Stadium.

If that doesn't work for you and you want to go for dinner, It might be worth it for you to take a cab ( car service) rather than trying to figure out the train/bus connection. Not that it's hard, but if you don't know where you are going and you are hungry, a cab might be worth it. There are car services you can call when you want the car and they will come pick you up. It will cost about $10 -$15 .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arthur Ave After The Yankees Game

@ genioc67

Thanks for the information on the car service. We don't have them here or if we do they would be very expensive. Could you please assist as to how I would found a car service company and the phone numbers to call

I have googled the public transport, but a car or taxi would be much easier, and for $10.00 or $15.00 worth not having to stress and getting lost

Many thanks

Karen

Edited: 18 April 2012, 05:33
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arthur Ave After The Yankees Game

Seaman Car Service is very reliable. However, I will tell you that when you call sometimes the dispatcher is rude and hard to understand, but then 3 minutes later a car is always there to pick you up! Anyway, their number is 212-304-1515. SInce it will be very crowded at the stadium after the game, you might want to pick a location a few blocks away to be picked up.

6. Re: Arthur Ave After The Yankees Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:16