We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to visit ????

UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
when to visit ????

We are planning a New York trip for next year and we have the choice to go in end Feb, early May or end Oct.

Now I know hotels in New York are very expensive so I wonder what month (out of these 3) would be best for good hotel deals ? Thinking to use Priceline for hotels.

TIA !

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to visit ????

October would be the most expensive, fall / autumn is one of the most popular times to visit.

You would get good deals in February. Once you decide on dates, you can always book a cancelable room, then keep on looking to see if you find better deals closer to the time.

Barcelona, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: when to visit ????

Because there's so much going on during autumn, hotels will be expensive during this time of the year.

May is also a time when the weather gets a lot nicer in NYC but for many people it is not possible to go on vacation because of children.

February is also a period when you are likely to find good deals, but the weather is very cold and you may not see as much as you wish to.

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to visit ????

don't let the cold weather put you off. Some of the best trips I have had to the US have been in the middle of winter. Probably saw more, as I didn't spend ages getting into places or waiting in line!

New York City mostly runs fine in bad weather!

UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: when to visit ????

Thank you for all the advice. We don't mind the cold weather at all so will plan for Feb then !

5. Re: when to visit ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 09:26