We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairfx prepaid card - withdrawals

London
Level Contributor
713 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Fairfx prepaid card - withdrawals

Hi

Does anyone know the cheapest way of withdrawing cash on this card? Do all the banks charge the same?

Thanks

Ant

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairfx prepaid card - withdrawals

We just got charged a flat $2 per withdrawal. The cheapest option is to just use the card as a credit card rather than withdrawing cash. We never came across any place that didn't accept it as payment.

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairfx prepaid card - withdrawals

no idea about Fairfx, but with Caxton FX card - Chase bank doesn't charge for withdrawals.

So not sure if thats the case with all these pre-paid cards? May be worth trying Chase if you haven't already.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairfx prepaid card - withdrawals

The Fairfax people should be able to tell which banks in NYC charge what- most are parts of large national and international chains. That is where I would go for my answer.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairfx prepaid card - withdrawals

bilmin - no. FairFX cannot tell us which one of your US banks charge a fee, to non customers, as how the hell are they going to know. As you don't understand it, why even bother answering.

Chase Bank doesn't charge for withdrawals, however Bank Of America does charge. If you can't find a Chase when you need cash, rely on McDonalds, as their fee is only 99¢. This is on top of the $2 FairFX fee.

M

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fairfx prepaid card - withdrawals

The idea of not finding a Chase is almost funny. They are all over the place. In fact, in Queens where I live, due to them taking over another bank and not yet closing branches there are some places where there are two Chase branches on the same block. --I am sure you will have no problem finding a Chase. ( but I am only writing based on the comments of others--I have no idea what, if anything they charge non-customers.

6. Re: Fairfx prepaid card - withdrawals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:16