We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belvedere or The Distrikt?

South Carolina
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Belvedere or The Distrikt?

My husband and I are planning a trip to New York the first week of February. We have narrowed our search down to two Time Square vicinity hotels, The Belvedere and The Districkt. Any advice on which one we should choose?

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belvedere or The Distrikt?

I can't speak for the Districkt but I think it gets good reviews on here.

I have stayed at the Belvedere twice though, and loved it.

We did stay in an executive king room which was quite spacious(by NYC standards), with a small kitchenette(with microwave, coffee maker, sink and fridge).

The location was perfect if you intend to go to any Broadway shows, as most of the theatres are within 5/10 minutes walk away. You can walk to many of the main sights from the hotel also, and it is less than a block away from the nearest subway

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,426 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belvedere or The Distrikt?

The Distrikt is new MODERN, trendy looking, tall with views. The Belvedere is an older smaller hotel with some rooms renovated (called "executive") and some not. The location of the Belvedere is a bit better. Have a look on oyster.com

for photos of both.

South Carolina
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belvedere or The Distrikt?

Thank you both for your replies. I just booked the Belvedere, based on the fact that there is a small fridge (I need one for meds). I'd like to try the Districkt too, maybe some time in the future.

4. Re: Belvedere or The Distrikt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 07:39