We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rangers Vs Penguins

North Devon, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rangers Vs Penguins

Hello

We're over in NYC in Februaury when the Rangers play the Penguins at MSG. I've never been to hockey match before and would really like to go.

Tickets on ticketmaster are pretty much sold out. I don't mind buying from the TicketExchange, prices are about $70-90 per ticket on the 400 sections.

Do these prices seem worth it? Can you se much from way up in the 400's?

Is there anywhere in NYC you can buy Ticketmaster TicketExchange tickets from? or any other legitmate places?

Thanks

Edited: 22 December 2010, 00:08
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

HI there

I went to see the rangers play Vancouver @ MSG back in 2008, apparently the views are great from all over the arena but I never like to take a chance on 400 level seats at any arena.

I used www.ticketsnow.com which is an exchange affiliate of ticketmaster, got 200 level seats with a good view (behind goal) and paid about $100 each, don't remember exactly but the exchange rate was only 1.41 at the time so will work out a little cheaper now.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

Here is a the MSG seating chart for hockey so you can make your own call. The seats at Center Ice would be high up but OK, I would avoid the seats back near the goal. http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53361

The Penguins are one of the best teams in the league, and feature Sidney Crosby who is one of the brightest stars. Thus, tickets for this matchup will be in great demand. Another site that you may try is stubhub.com

GO RANGERS!

Edited: 22 December 2010, 12:19
3. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 21:39
Edited: 31 December 2010, 21:39
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

Lotus - Like the way you cleaned up "Dancin' Larry". If you do go to see the Rangers, he is normally known by a different descriptive term.

5. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 21:01
Edited: 29 December 2010, 21:01
6. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

I HATE the continued use of the Potvin Sucks chant.

Seriously, time to move on.

Not much originallity with chants / song and that to compare with English soccer for instance. But at the Rangers, you will get a few chants for our beloved goalie King Henrik Lundqvist, and for Brandon Dubinsky if he scores a goal, and for Derek Booooooooggggggggggard if he has a fight (but he's hurt now, out indefinatley). And if they win, you'll get the centre ice salute - Rangers where the first NHL team to do that, now they are all at it!

And you will hear PLENTY of booing directed at Sidney Crosby.

The pens and the Rangers don't like each other, and are having a real good battle this season, (Rangers lead 2-1 on games so far)

Edited: 22 December 2010, 18:52
8. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins

haha, not me Lotus! But I agree it should be gone! IF the fans are going to chant it at all - then do it in games v's the Islanders. But not every game. Enough is enough.

TBH, the 'suck' thing isnt' so bad with the Rangers, thankfully.

It's more associated locally with the New Jersey Devils fans (all 21 of them). Everything 'sucks'. They annouce the opposition starting line up, each one is greeted with 'sucks'. Then the coaches name 'he sucks too'. Then when a Devils goal is scored, the opposition goalie gets 'you suck' during the Devils own goal song. It's truly cringeworthy.

10. Re: Rangers Vs Penguins