We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Cruise in an evening

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Cruise in an evening

Is it worth spending the money on such a cruise, is the food any good and if so on which boat, should I spend extra on a window seat or are there better thing to spend $300 dollars on. My sister in lay said it was amazing but I have had the desire to go on a dinner cruise down the Thames in London. Hope someone ca help we intend to do the ferry to statue of libery etc during the day

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Cruise in an evening

It's almost impossible to decide for a stranger whether something is worthwhile. Of the dinner cruises,

bateauxnewyork.com

is considered the best one for food and I think views. Because it's a glass enclosed boat you don't need to pay extra for a window seat. If you're on a tight budget, doing a cruise without food or maybe one of the sunset cruises with drinks might be just as good and then dine elsewhere. The dinner cruises tend to be considered romantic and something of a splurge but if you're a serious foodie, you might prefer a cruise and dinner in one of the better restaurants on land.

I'm not sure why you would do the dinner cruise on the same night as the day you go to the SOL though. Why not a different night? Time of year can also affect how pleasant this is.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Cruise in an evening

I can tell you that I have done both in New York and in London and while I would not do it every week it is a once in a lifetime experience especially if you do the one suggested by Whiz--- it is more expensive but there really is not a bad seat in the house (or boat as it were).

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
3. Re: Dinner Cruise in an evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 07:18