We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange Question??

Dorset, England
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Strange Question??

i have seen on TV some stand on motorised scooter type things whith 2 wheels. Does anyone know what i mean??? And can you hire them in NY

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Strange Question??

They're called segways and I haven't seen them anywhere in NYC.

Use the search box and Google to see if something like that does exist.

England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Strange Question??

Stephen Fry used one when he did his "American Series", I think at the time he was in Washington D.C., so they are out there somewhere.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,859 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strange Question??

http://www.nycsegway.com/

Wakefield, England
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strange Question??

We saw a security guard using one to back and forth along the front of his building on the corner of 3rd & 49th (opposite the Big Red Swing art installation)

Why he couldn't walk that short distance, I don't know...

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strange Question??

NYPD not doing this yet then? :-D

flickr.com/photos/…

6. Re: Strange Question??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2009, 17:05
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strange Question??

I'm so glad people aren't allowed to use these things.

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
147 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strange Question??

We saw them everywhere in Washington D.C. when we were there. There must be a place there that rents them to tourists. I wouldn't want to use one in NYC!

They are Segways.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strange Question??

I saw one guy using a segway in Park Slope. He got a combination of stares and giggles.

10. Re: Strange Question??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 06:18