We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abercrombie & Fitch

N Wales
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Abercrombie & Fitch

Can anyone tell me how to get to the US Abercrombie website, I am trying to check prices before a trip to New York and compare them with the UK. When I search in Google and go to the .com website I get redirected to .co.uk.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

abercrombie.com/webapp/…

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

After they opened a store in Saville Row they blocked access to the site from here.

(It was much cheaper to order online from U.S!!)

Brighton, Sussex
Level Contributor
25 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

Did you know tat there is an Abercrombie and a Hollister outlet at Jersey Gardens apparently ! Its in New Jersey approx 30 mins on the bus so im told

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

If you are more interested in shopping for/purchasing the apparel than checking out the "scene" at A&F's flagship store on Fifth Avenue, there is an A&F shop in South Street Seaport, where you will not have to stand in line to get in & there are reportedly often mark-downs in that store when the same items are not on sale in the 5th Ave. store.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

The prices at A&F are still lower than the UK even with the poor exchange rate. I think t-shirts were are 29 to 35 dollars when I was there in Oct 08. I have seen the que for the store, but just sail past and go back later in the day. I have to go in everytime I visit to buy stuff for various people. Its the most wretched store I've ever been in but then I suspect I'm not their target market :-O

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

Can someone please explain the fascination with Abercrombie & Fitch. I havent liked it (MUCH too "young" for me), since the "olden days" before they went all modern/high tech.

(same reason I liked the OLD Lord & Taylor with the wooden sales cases and green carpets - really dating myself now).

The "olden days": When there were ELEVATOR OPERATORS in the department stores, sales people actually helped you, and didnt say "Oh we dont have THAT size."

N Wales
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

Thanks for the replies. I am shopping for my 3 daughters who love this brand. I agree with most people on here; it is overpriced and you are paying for exclusivity in the UK, where prices are ridiculously high. We were all in California last year and my girls couldn't keep away from this shop. This trip it's just me n hubby going, but I have promised the girls that I would get them some stuff. I really wanted to compare the prices beacuse the exchange rate is so much lower now. Last year the girls bought Benefit cosmetics which were very reasonable in the US, I have checked the prices for these now and I can get them cheaper/same price in the UK.

I really don't like the Abercrombie shop; it's dark, noisy and I find the sales assistants in some of the shops quite rude. When I go to New York I want to spend as little time as possible shopping, so I will be armed with a list and hope to be in and out in record time. The store at South Street Seaport is looking my best bet.

It seems to access the US website I will have to use a proxy server as my IP address is UK based and so I automatically get directed to the UK website. I haven't worked out how to do this yet, so that should keep me busy for today!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

Here here !

Just back from NYC and the staff and queues at the A&F 5th Ave store are an absolute disgrace. The staff LOVE treating you like underage teenagers trying to get into a VIP nightclub. The queues are now part of the store's image. I (against my better judgement) waited on Sun am for it to open and the customers are treated like trash, while the so called staff strutt there stuff with no shirts on - they think they are supermodels when they are just shop staff on minimal wage !!

Eventually I just walked away, I like A&F stuff but why should I give them $$$ for their dire attitude to there customers.

In a few years when A&F stuff is not that fashionable anymore (eg GAP) they wont be treating customers like this.

AVOID

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

By the way, the other store mentioned near/at South Seaport had a line wrapping around the corner too. Can't get over that.

10. Re: Abercrombie & Fitch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 07:18