We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to pack for March?

N.J.
Level Contributor
492 posts
22 reviews
How to pack for March?

Going to San Diego March 13th for 5 days, wondering how to pack. Staying at Hotel Coronado so figuring it will be cooler by the water. Should i bring mostly long sleeves? Is there a chance we could get 70- 80 degree days? First time to San Diego, not sure what to expect.

4 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,612 posts
435 reviews
1. Re: How to pack for March?

>>>not sure what to expect<<<

Us either :)

But recently it has been pleasant during the day (mid 60s to 70) and cool to downright freezing in the wee hours of the night and early morning.

Layering is the usually the key to Southern California in the Winter & Spring.

As an FYI, I wear shorts every day, all year, when I don't have to be in a business suit.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,736 posts
352 reviews
2. Re: How to pack for March?

Check out a weather forecast

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,165 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: How to pack for March?

It is rarely 80deg in March at the coast! IF you want that sort of heat you can drive inland 2hrs to the desert. Layers is always the answer here. Don't just bring one sort of clothing . Bring a little of everything.

N.J.
Level Contributor
492 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: How to pack for March?

I actually will be going to Palm Springs from San Diego for three days. So it may be around 80 there and 60's and 70's in San Diego during the day. Thank you

Reply to: How to pack for March?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted