We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tex Mex restaurants

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
122 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tex Mex restaurants

Unlike my previous post, will be getting the train for anm evening meal. Was thinking of Border Cafe on Harvard Square, as liked the sound of the John Harvard Brew Co but would be interested in any recommendations

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

Both are pretty ordinary chains. Why not try Casa Romero -- a truly hidden jewel off of Newbury Street?You'll need a reservation.

2. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 September 2010, 21:15
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

Personally, I like Border Cafe for a fun tex mex meal. The Cadillac fajitas are delicious.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

Casa Romero is great, but it's more Mexican than tex-mex and upscale .... it's just completely different than the Border.

I've been going to the Border in Harvard Square since it first opened in 1987. They've opened 5 more restaurants since then,2 in MASS, 2 in NJ and one in Delaware ... so it's not what I'd consider a "chain" like "On the Border" which is nationwide.

My favorites at the Border Cafe are the Catfish fajitas and the seafood enchiladas, but on some days, fajitas half beef/half chicken just hit the spot.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
122 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

Yeah, I think I'll go for the border. There are 6 of us and we're looking for a party type atomsphere. Also, there seem to be some good bars nearby on Harvard Square.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

Not in the Harvard area, but Fajitas and Ritas near the Boston Common does yummy Mexican in my opinion. They're pulled pork and corn muffins are to die for, and the staples like tacos and nachos are also top notch. Ritas are cheap and delicious :)

It has a very vibrant atmosphere, would be good for a party feel.

Abs :-)

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
122 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

Sounds interesting, might check that out as an alternative, cheers.

MA
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

JH isnt really TexMex, but I bet they have better nachos than any other place listed here.

JH is a brew pub and a great one at that

Edited: 16 September 2010, 19:50
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
122 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

Yeah, I'm going to JH for the beer not food. I love real ales and bitters

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tex Mex restaurants

If you're really into beer, check out Lord Hobo in Cambridge (about a 10 min walk from Central Square subway station), or Stoddard's in downtown Boston.