We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queens, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Boston right after Christmas and am deciding between the Omni Parker and the Lenox Hotel. I can get a Premier Suite at the Omni or a classic room at the Lenox for basically the same price. Which is a better option?

Reviews seem to indicate that the Omni is in need of refreshing inside, but does this apply to the suites as well?

Also, we are driving up from NY and would prefer to park the car and not rely on it at all during the trip -- should this weigh in?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

In the search box above put in Omni and Lenox. You should get more than a dozen hits discussing this.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

Hi, Nick

As far as I know, the Parker House has been recently renovated. The location is primo for heading out in any direction. Freedom Trail right outside it's doors. It's a historical hotel, so I'm sure most of the negative reviews were from the folks stuck in one of the "petite" rooms. Maybe those haven't been renovated or they didn't put much money or effort into them. A premier suite sounds nice and roomy.

Lenox is a great hotel. Another historic hotel. Fantastic location in the Back Bay. Service there is what really makes it #1 in Boston. Traditional style decor in rooms but still elegant. The T is very close for trips towards the harbor and North End if you don't feel up to walking to those areas. Museums, shops and restaurants all around there.

Parking at both will run you about $40/night so that's a wash. If you're coming for a weekend, rates around the city drop substantially, but not if you park at the hotel.

Bottom line is I really don't think you can go wrong with either hotel. If it were myself, I would stay at The Lenox, because I enjoy everything about the Back Bay, and getting around to Beacon Hill, Downtown, harbor, North End, etc is either an entertaining walk or a quick trip on the T.

Edited: 05 December 2009, 06:42
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

I would stay at the Parker house, personally. Kind of a no-brainer.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

I agree with Will007;

"Bottom line is I really don't think you can go wrong with either hotel."

Enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,308 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

Ditto have a great stay in Boston.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

Both are nice, this time of year I would go with the Parker House.

Boston
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

I would do the Omni Parker House simply because the location is more central and walkable to more Boston neighborhoods and sites (Beacon Hill, the State House, North End, Chinatown, Theatre District, Downtown, and even Back Bay (where the Lenox is etc.).

And at the Omni you are also centrally located to every subway line. At the Lenox, you are limited to only the Orange and Green subway lines. Avoid taking the Green line if you can; it's more like a stage coach than a subway.)

Not sure if part of your stay includes the weekend, but if it does you can get great parking deals at garages near the Omni (Boston Common Parking Garage, Post Office Square Parking Garage). Google those garages for rates and more info. The Omni uses the Pi Alley Parking Garage, and it can get quite expensive, especially for hotel guests.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

Since you can have a bigger room at the Parker House for the same price as the Lenox, I would pick the Parker House for its history, its slightly more central location, and its grand common areas.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
265 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

I'd take the Lenox. The location is much more pleasant, and it's a fabulous hotel.

You can get the Parker on Priceline anytime.

Edited: 08 December 2009, 06:52
Buffalo
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Omni Parker or Lenox Hotel?

Just returned from a long weekend in Boston, we stayed in a deluxe room at the Omni Parker House. We've stayed there many times and have never been disappointed. For a sense of history as well as its location, it can't be beat. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable (bathroom a bit small), a very short walk to the Common to see the lights and to the T.

Haven't stayed at the Lenox, so can't weigh in, but don't worry if you pick the Parker House - it's a good choice.