We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Sox Game 10/14-Uber or T ?

Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

I am traveling to Boston for the 1st time. I was able to purchase a ticket for Sunday’s Red Sox game. I am a female and will be attending alone. Would Uber be the best option to get to and from the game ? Or is it relatively safe on the T and what stops would I take ? I am staying at the Revere Hotel. Thanks.

Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,106 Reviews
from US$44.05*
Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
683 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
602 Reviews
from US$55.65*
19 replies to this topic
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,599 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

If I was you I'd take the T. Just walk to Kenmore after the game. There will be thousands of people walking with you. Get on the Green LIne inbound and get off at Arlington. Walk to your hotel from there. Or going to the game, get on the green line Outbound and get off at Kenmore. Walk to Fenway from there....just follow the crowds!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,651 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

I agree with VT traveler. When you get on the T buy round trip fare. You don't want to wait in line fir the ticket machine after the game.

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,216 posts
3. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

On the way to the game, take the B, C, or D Green Line trains outbound--any but the E train. On the return, you can take any train at Kenmore Station.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
189 reviews
4. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

Are they running the T after midnight on Sunday night? Game starts later than normal. I have been there when they shut service down at midnight due to a long game. I would hope they would keep it open for a playoff game but...

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,539 posts
1 review
5. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

Or you could just walk the about a mile and half. Yes, that and the T would be safe.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
60 reviews
6. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

As a solo female, I'd just walk it. The trains (if they are running that late) are packed and you often must wait 30 mins or more to get on one. You could have walked all the way down Boylston Street or Commonwealth Ave by then. There will be plenty of people leaving the bars on Boylston (Comm Ave ill be quieter) so you'll have plenty of company and it's a nice walk.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,651 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

If the t stops running before the game ends, Walks no, Uber and taxis will work

Boston...
Level Contributor
23,099 posts
729 reviews
8. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

There are also Pedi-Cabs outside the park that work for tips. $20 should get you safely to your hotel

Boston
Level Contributor
7,386 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

T is perfectly safe. It might be sacrilege to some, but if you leave even just about 10 minutes before the final out you will avoid the worst of the crush at Kenmore. Or just go along and take the crowds as "part of the experience." Or as others said, you can walk back to your hotel. Maybe walk up near the Prudential Center and then get an Uber/Lyft or cab. But, at that point your are not horribly far.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
535 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?

The last commuter rail train left Yawkey Station last Saturday at 11:20 which was during the 7th inning. A lot of people had to leave early because of that. I ended up driving friends who had taken the commuter rail back towards Framingham so they could stay for the whole game. For the 2 games this weekend they are just going to drive to my place in Boston and then we'll drive over to the park in one car.

I know for the subway lines they will usually hold a few trains until after the games but it's not always set in stone. I'd confirm it by checking the MBTA website and the lines you'll need to use to get to/from Fenway. Have a backup plan just in case.

I find it pretty annoying that all the fans are told to use the "T" to go to Fenway but in the case of these late night games may have to leave early or risk getting stranded.

Reply to: Red Sox Game 10/14—Uber or T ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted