We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

Sussex, New Jersey
9 posts
Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

I am planning on taking a day trip with my son to Boston next Friday. He is 5 and getting somewhere with him on time can be unpredictable. I am hesitant to buy tickets beforehand for a certain time and miss it since they are non-refundable. The website says there are always tickets for sale at the booth but it is recommended to go when the booth opens (8:30am) because they can sell out quick. Has anyone found this to be true? If we get there in the afternoon, is there a chance there will be no tickets left?

10 replies to this topic
Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

There’s multiple duck tour operators, I don’t think you’ll have a problem.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,708 posts
133 reviews
2. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

Why not call them and ask?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,582 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

Re above: "There’s multiple duck tour operators"

As far as I know, there's only one Duck Tour company in Boston, with a few different locations where they load the duck boats -

http://www.bostonducktours.com/

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,751 posts
1 review
4. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

There is only one Duck Boat Company. We did have a couple come and go through the years, but the others did not last long. And, yes, specific tours do indeed sell out. At n=busy times, whole days can be sold out, particularly at the Prudential Center Boarding Location.

Edited: 08 July 2018, 21:10
Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

For same day tickets, over the 4th holiday week/weekend, every single day was sold out for a party of 4, unless you were willing to wait until 5:30pm.

Earlier in the day rides needed to be purchased the day before unless you were a party of 2.

This was for all 3 locations.

Edited: 08 July 2018, 23:58
Sussex, New Jersey
9 posts
6. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

Ok great, thank you all. Seems like it's safer to get a ticket beforehand. I will book it for the afternoon so if we are early we can just grab lunch at the Prudential center.

Boston...
Level Contributor
22,443 posts
693 reviews
7. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

Check for a Groupon. They come up occasionally

Worcester...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
8. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

I would book a ticket, with the weather getting warmer and kids out of school, more people are looking to do duck tours. I wouldn't want for you and your son to miss out on such a wonderful experinece.

Sussex, New Jersey
9 posts
9. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

Thanks for the recommendations for getting the tickets ahead of time. I am trying to decide what time to book. Is traffic as bad as New York? Wondering if getting a 9 or 10am ticket would mean that I would need to leave Plymouth before 7am. Thanks again everyone.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,751 posts
1 review
10. Re: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth

You are facing probably the worst traffic in the city, so allow at least 2 hours - it's 45 minutes without any traffic.

Reply to: Likelihood of Duck Tour being sold out at ticket booth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted