We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moab for 2 days question.

Missouri
9 posts
Moab for 2 days question.

We'll be doing the Grand Circle end of May. We'll be coming in from Capital Reef mid morning to Moab for 2 days. Would I be better to save Arches for the second day which would be a full day and do Canyonlands the first day that will be a little shorter due to drive in? I realize you could several days at both. Arches looks to have some nice little hikes that would need a good day.

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Missouri
9 posts
1. Re: Moab for 2 days question.

I do have a 3rd day we could do a little as we roll out to Monument Valley.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,676 posts
449 reviews
2. Re: Moab for 2 days question.

Sounds like you have two nights which equates to about 1.5 days. Use the arrival day for Canyonlands, as noted. Do you have Little Wild Horse Canyon included on your drive over from Capitol Reef?

Have fun.

Missouri
9 posts
3. Re: Moab for 2 days question.

No I really hadn't looked into that one. But I could add it on way in on first day, arches full second day, and hit Canyonlands first part of day 3 before heading to Monument Valley for 2 nights. That still gives me one full day at MV.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
37 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Moab for 2 days question.

That’s almost exactly what we did and it worked really well. Little Wild Horse Canyon is terrific and you should definately look into it. If you can, spend a bit of time wandering about Moab itself it’s a busy little town.

Missouri
9 posts
5. Re: Moab for 2 days question.

Nice! Looking forward to it. We have never been out there. We are doing a 12 day Grand Circle tour end of May beginning of June.

Fly into Vegas 8pm. Stay over night.

Day 1 head to Zion

Day 2 Zion

Day 3 Bryce

Day 4 Capital Reef

Day 5 Moab

Day 6 Moab

Day 7 Moab head to Monument Valley

Day 8 Monument Valley

Day 9 Page

Day 10 Grand Canyon

Day 11 Grand Canyon head to Vegas

Day 12 Fly out of Vegas

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,622 posts
249 reviews
6. Re: Moab for 2 days question.

Looks like a good plan. Have you confirmed all of your lodging?

Missouri
9 posts
7. Re: Moab for 2 days question.

Yes Sir! Took care of it about a month ago. Only place I'd like to improve is maybe Zion. But the rest of the trip we are pretty good... I think so for not knowing! LOL. Trip Advisor is great for info!

Reply to: Moab for 2 days question.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moab
Recent Conversations