We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Wedding Venue

Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Small Wedding Venue

We are looking for a restuarant, banquet room or anything of the sort where we could have a wedding cermony and reception next month. There will be under 40 people. Looking for something other than a "hall" and are thinking an intimate restaurant. Tall order for short notice, I know but if you know of anywhere. Would consider San Francisco South to Bay Area. Appreciate any suggestions.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Wedding Venue

Totally out of the blue - but you might consider renting a Hornblower cruise: http://www.hornblower.com/hce/home/sf

All depends on your budget, but they most likely deal with this all the time and it would cover both the food, the view, and an experience.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Wedding Venue

Totally out of the blue as well, but here's a place in the Santa Cruz Mountains, south of San Francisco:

themountainterrace.com/themountainterrace/ht…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Wedding Venue

The Swedenborgian Church is beautiful and has a nice reception hall. My brother in law got married there, and I'd highly recommend it.

http://www.sfwedding.org/

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Wedding Venue

I've been to a couple of weddings at the Swedenborgian as well and I agree it's lovely.

Both the deYoung and Legion ate popular venues.

--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Wedding Venue

`Nuther vote for the Swedenborgian, IF you're lucky enough to be able to book into it, particularly on short notice. In addition to being drop dead gorgeous (you don't hear me saying that one too often.....), you'd be picking a location which has some serious ties with San Francisco and the Bay Area. The list of architects associated with various aspects of the site read like a who's who of San Francisco/San Francisco Bay Area architecture of the late 19th and early 20th centuries including A. Page Brown, Bernard Maybeck, and A.C. Schweinfurth, all recognized as being luminaries in the Arts and Crafts Movement (technically the First Bay Tradition, a precursor).

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,676 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small Wedding Venue

The Julia Morgan Ballroom in the Financial District is a fabulous venue with several rooms. You could do the ceremony in one room, reception in others. It's a beautiful, 1930s style of architecture and decor.

The Marines Memorial Club would offer banquet rooms for the ceremony and reception, as well as hotel rooms for those from out of town. Their meeting rooms have great downtown views. (It's near Union Square.)

There's also a website www.sfpdv.com/ that shows private dining venues in San Francisco.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 08:35
sf
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Small Wedding Venue

There is also a "Log Cabin" in the Presidio, where a friend had her wedding. Its right above the GGB. I don't know about dates, but worth a look.

www.presidio.gov/event/rental/logcabin/

8. Re: Small Wedding Venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 10:22