We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Amazing View

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,511 posts
An Amazing View

On our evening walk last night my wife and I ended up out on the aquatic park pier. We've been down around the aquatic park several times but never out on the pier. It was about 615-630pm although posted hours say it should be closed by then (after Sept) the gates were open and several people on the pier.

The weather was clear with no wind, with fall crisp air, I had no idea the views were so cool, looking back at the city, and the other way out at the Golden Gate Bridge with the redish sky from the sunset and then Alcatraz just a few hundred yards away and acroos to Suasalito.

9 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,314 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: An Amazing View

we've walked there, we've segwayed there and we've also biked there. Yup great views.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,190 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: An Amazing View

Great spot and great for kids too.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
1 review
3. Re: An Amazing View

Thanks for the tip GoodBeer!!

Just to clarify, is this pier also known as the Hyde Street Pier (that’s what google maps has).

Chups

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,283 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: An Amazing View

Cuppa... no. Hyde Street Pier has the ships. We are talking about the semi lunar concrete pier on the other side of the cove.

Aquatic Park Cove

https://maps.google.com/…

Goodbeer - have you walked out to Pier 14? Good views of Bay Lights and different views of the city/Coit Tower.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,511 posts
5. Re: An Amazing View

<<<Goodbeer - have you walked out to Pier 14?>>>

Not yet. I had to look it up to see where it was. Ive been to Water Bar 5 or 6 times and the Ferry Building many times but not out on Pier 14. We have plans with a bar stool and TV's (Dodgers) tonight and Sat night (Oregon Football), and going to The Rams game on Sunday so maybe Monday we will walk over to, and out on it?

Thanks for the tip!

Edited: 19 October 2018, 22:04
sf
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
6. Re: An Amazing View

Goodbeer also checkout the views from the RAMP restaurant/bar down off of 3rd in Dogpatch. It is one of the last places to get Fog as it's right on the Bay. They used to have Sunday Barbeque, not sure if still happening, but a fun place.

http://www.rampsf.com/

Level Contributor
39,309 posts
1,019 reviews
7. Re: An Amazing View

Sounds beautiful! :)

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: An Amazing View

The Wave Organ is another nice spot with a similar view as the Aquatic Park Pier.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,896 posts
47 reviews
9. Re: An Amazing View

Have we not learned our lesson yet? Every scenic spot now requires a fee and a reservation, all because it's being touted here on TA. I shudder to think what would happen to my paradise the Tri Valley, if only people would be told that perfect spot to score a deep discount for that MK handbag.

Reply to: An Amazing View
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted