We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

I am looking for a nice Hotel for the game. Looking to stay at Santa Clara or San Jose that has a lot of bars/restaurants & night life within walking distance of the hotel. It is for a group so we will have bus transportation to the game

11 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

One of the hotels near Santana Row probably. They are new. I don't know your price point or how far away from the stadium you are willing to go. If you want more charm, consider Los Gatos area.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,532 posts
2. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

Downtown San Jose has a lot of hotels and bars and restaurants so in that area it makes the most sense.

How ;ong are you in town for? If for the weekend and not just one night I would stay in San Francisco.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,625 posts
435 reviews
3. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

tailgaters323, welcome to the forums, but I would ask in the San Jose or Santa Clara Forums.

Do mention your budget.

For me, I'd stay in Downtown San Jose at the Fairmont, Marriott, Westin, Hilton or AC.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,308 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

Agree with Goodbeer. Downtown San Jose (many options available with most major chains represented), unless you are here for more than one day then consider staying in SF especially since you will have a group and a bus. Are you flying into SJC or SFO?

There is only one luxury hotel at Santana Row. I would not stay there for your needs.

Level Contributor
3,483 posts
1 review
5. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

Agree with scott. Levi stadium is 40+ miles from SF. Best to ask in the San Jose forum.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,308 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

You can ask the SJ forum but the regular posters usually see these thread as well. November will probably chime in. Downtown SJ is still the general recommended. There is no nightlife around the stadium.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,196 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

Yes, downtown SJ would be my choice too. Plenty of hotel options. Lots of restaurants and bars. Easy transport to the stadium via light rail.

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
8. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

It will be 4 days and a group between 60 and 80 people

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
65 reviews
9. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

Stay in SF and book a party bus each way for the game.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,308 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game

Yes agree with Claire to stay in SF and charter bus to and from the game. You don't want to spend that much time in the South Bay.

Reply to: Best Hotel to Stay at for a 49ers Game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted