We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salmon

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Salmon

My wife and I are going on a second Alaska inside passage cruise in mid September. Our first cruise was in early May. At that time, there was not a salmon to be seen. What about in mid September? No sense in doing a land tour includinga cannery if there ids nothing to be seen.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
1. Re: Salmon

Hi Bob. I know the forum title says King Salmon, but what it means is the town of King Salmon, AK, not the fish.

I do know I've watched the salmon going upstream in early Sept. in Ketchikan. Not sure about the middle of the month, though. There is a small falls there, and I spent over an hour watching the fish go up it and the small fish ladder beside it. If your interested, it's not far from the docks, and is on the walking tour of the town.

I suggest you post over in the forums for the individual ports you'll be at, where the local experts can give you advice.

Are you doing just the cruise, or a landtour up near Anchorage too?

2. Re: Salmon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about King Salmon