We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only half a day at Acadia around Bar Harbour - what to do?

Montreal, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Only half a day at Acadia around Bar Harbour - what to do?

Hello all,

we'll be at Bar Harbour this weekend, unfortunately only for about half a day (from getting up in the morning until 2-3PM), then driving south, hopefully along a scenic route at least...

So my question: with that little time, what is a really nice thing to do/see over there? It's been a while that we have seen the sea, so something involving walking along a really nice beach or at the coast would be great, or a little boat trip or something similar... As I'm pregnant, things like rock climbing are not possible, but I'm still quite fit and can walk well :) I suppose Bar Harbour is a nice town, too, but we'd rather see a bit of the park/sea, I think.

I know it's a shame that we don't have more time, but there is no help, so we want to make the best out of it!

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Edited: 03 May 2012, 15:48
Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Only half a day at Acadia around Bar Harbour - what to do?

The Ocean Trail would be a nice walk. It starts at Sand Beach and follows the coast line.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,176 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only half a day at Acadia around Bar Harbour - what to do?

A quick visit to Sand Beach, a ride around the Park Loop Road, and a ride to the top of Cadillac Mountain would make a fairly full morning, but would give you the taste of "sand-and-water" you're looking for with some nice views along the way....

Berlin, NH
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only half a day at Acadia around Bar Harbour - what to do?

Driving the Park Loop road would be my recommendation as well. With several places along the way to get out and stretch your legs, it's a good combination of "doing / seeing". Enjoy.....

4. Re: Only half a day at Acadia around Bar Harbour - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:41
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor
Recent Conversations