We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Bar Harbor from Bangor Transportation Center

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Destination Bar Harbor from Bangor Transportation Center

In June 2019 my husband would like to take public transportation from Logan Airport to as close as we could get to Bar Harbor before having to rent a car. I see that Concord Coach Lines does leave from Logan and goes as far as Bangor (to the Bangor Transportation Center). But it appears the car rental places are at the Bangor Airport. What the best way to connect from the bus terminal to the airport? Does anyone know it there's Uber or local bus service?

Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Destination Bar Harbor from Bangor Transportation Center

The Concord Bus Station is pretty close to the airport, not walkable, but you could call a cab. Check out also Enterprise Rent a Car because I think it's located near the Concord Station as well. There are a few Uber drivers around here now so you might get lucky.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Destination Bar Harbor from Bangor Transportation Center

Thanks

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,688 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Destination Bar Harbor from Bangor Transportation Center

There is bus service from the Bangor Airport and the Concord Coach terminal to Bar Harbor. In the winter it only runs twice a week, but I think it is more frequent in the summer. In any event, here's the current timetable and I'd suggest checking with the company about their likely schedules for next June:

http://www.downeasttrans.org/shopBangor.htm

Edited: 15 November 2018, 19:42
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Destination Bar Harbor from Bangor Transportation Center

Thank you

Reply to: Destination Bar Harbor from Bangor Transportation Center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted