We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Making reservations at Bar Harbor lodgings

Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Making reservations at Bar Harbor lodgings

My husband and I are looking at a road trip to New England in October, 2019. We really want to stay a few days in Bar Harbor. I know this is peak leaf looking time. How afar in advance should we make reservations in order to get a place we will like and enjoy - not something we have to settle for. BTW - any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

4 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Making reservations at Bar Harbor lodgings

You'd probably be safe in waiting until May to make your reservation. But a certain percentage of people book a year ahead. They reserve their lodging for next year when they check out this year although most establishments don't charge the deposit until January.

Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Making reservations at Bar Harbor lodgings

Thanks for the information. At least we know we have some time to do some research.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Making reservations at Bar Harbor lodgings

I have a lodging property and we received tons of reservations for October in January and February. This year our October filled long before July and August. Yes, you can probably wait until May, but if you have your heart set on a certain place, I'd book it now. Most places don't run your deposit until January.

Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Making reservations at Bar Harbor lodgings

Thank you! I had a feeling the sooner the better. Looks like I better get busy.

Reply to: Making reservations at Bar Harbor lodgings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted