We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night dinner?

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
One night dinner?

We will be staying in Bar Harbor as part of a week long bike trip. We have a free night for dinner on Thursday July 26 - I will review TA for restaurant options, but any favorites? Doesnt have to be fancy, an awesome burger and beer works just as well as a four course dinner. We will be staying at Harborside Hotel - no car (and pretty sure we wont want to be biking to dinner), so needs to be walking distance unless uber/lyft are available.

Thanks for any suggestions!

stuckinnj

8 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night dinner?

No need for uber. It's a small town. There are many restaurants within walking distance from the Harborside Hotel. Great burger and other things at Finback Alehouse. No four course dining establishments in Bar Harbor. A great, creative, locally sourced restaurant, my favorite, is Mache Bistro. Very popular spot is Side Street Cafe or, right across from your hotel, West Street Cafe.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night dinner?

thanks for the suggestions - we will check them out!

Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night dinner?

Stuckkninj, you can walk anywhere. We ate at two places bonniemaev suggested, Side Street Cafe and West Street Cafe. Our fave of the two was, Side Street Cafe. Sit outside and people watch while you eat!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night dinner?

Good food and great view from the Terrace Grille at the Bar Harbor Inn

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night dinner?

I see fresh blueberry pie on a lot of menus - is that a Maine thing?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night dinner?

Yes, it is a Maine thing. Whereas most places have high bush blueberries, Maine is known for wild or low bush blueberries. They are much smaller than the usual blueberries that come from Michigan and other places. Very tasty.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night dinner?

Dont misunderstand me, i will eat a blueberry pie put in front of me, be it high or low bush! I dont discriminate....

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
332 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night dinner?

The restaurants mentioned by the other writers are all wonderful and we have eaten at them many times. I have a few additional suggestions If the weather is nice and you want to sit outside. We actually enjoy sitting on the outdoor patio of the Belle Vista restaurant inside the Harbourside Hotel and ordering the the "make your own pasta creation." (if you want some carbs for your next bike ride :) Also, almost next door to your hotel is Stewman's-- they have a lovely patio for outdoor seating right on the water and you can get a tasty casual meal while enjoying the view of the water and a few the local fisherman bringing in their boats for the night (depending on the time).

Reply to: One night dinner?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor
Recent Conversations