We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paia inn

canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
paia inn

read all the posts whats up with this hotel are the reviews real or not?? my son is planning a wedding there they think its an awesome boutique hotel is it small how many rooms on the beach or is it on the highway next to a gas station?? Lets be real here is the place a dump or what? Help

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
649 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: paia inn

Oh my - in my opinion, this is not a great wedding venue. The hotel is very small and yes, it is on the highway next to the gas station. The place is not a dump - quaint and cozy. Not sure why the reviews are so extraordinary.

Haiku
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: paia inn

Think their wedding options may include another location for the ceremony - check with hotel to make sure. Although the beach behind the hotel is wonderful. The photos on their web site are accurate.

The hotel itself may be the location for the reception. If so, ask about parking ... not much here, depends on size of your party and number of guests. Guests may have to park in community lot across the busy Hana Hwy and down a bit.

The inn is not a dump; it is a small, boutique place, fairly recently renovated with much Aloha spirit from the staff, at least from what our friends visiting us have reported ... very nice for what it is, but there is nothing in Paia that is like the 3 or 4 star resorts say like in Wailea on south side or on west side ... then again they cost a fortune.

We love this part of Maui, and the town of Paia is quite unique, much more laid back. Great shops and restaurants.

Haiku
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: paia inn

If you are that concerned, but your son does want the wedding on the northshore part of Maui ... you could also check out Kaiholo Hale, a vacation rental located next to Mama's Fish House on Kuau Bay beach; they also accommodate small, intimate weddings on the upstairs lanai. They can be checked out at www.NorthShoreMauiVacations.com.

They are more like a vacation rental although zoned as a hotel/resort with three 1-bedroom suites and one 2-bedroom suite [ ($175 to $225/n + tax]. If any guests are traveling from off island, this might be another nearby lodging option too.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: paia inn

We LOVED the Paia Inn - stayed there this past weekend. It would be great to rent out all the rooms for the wedding party. That would be so much fun (in my opinion). Definitely a hip place. (See my other post re: Paia Inn). Not a dump at all. Have you checked out their web site? The pics are totally accurate. It's that cute. :)

5. Re: paia inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2009, 07:37
Get answers to your questions about Paia
Recent Conversations