We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
24 reviews
Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

I have read the reviews, and they are awesome. I look at the photos and I just don't get what the draw is to this place. Is it one of those "have to be there to understand" things?

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,960 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

I would take those "reviews" with a grain of salt. Each "review" was done by a "one post wonder" which leads me to believe they are not real reviews. When the place first opened there were many posts in the forum that were removed because they were obviously advertising the place. It certainly seems fishy. If any of the reviews were written by a legitimate TA member, I'd like to hear from them.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
649 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

Easy, I have wondered the exact same thing about the Inn. We are traveling to Maui next week and one of the things I plan to do is satisfy my curiousity and check it out.

3. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2008, 18:34
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,960 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

Interesting, coolpad. You are one of the posters whose only posts are about Paia Inn and nothing else. Which makes one a bit suspicious.

FFD - if you check it out, please let us know your opinion. When we're there next year I'll do the same (if I remember).

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

If I'm thinking of the same place, we walked by it and I thought it looked kind of dumpy. I could be thinking of another place all together though.

Mount Vernon,Il
Level Contributor
739 posts
6. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

Babalax,

Isn't that a great feature of this site? You can look at all postings of each person.

I believe you have hit on something here !!!

Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

Ahh...this is all making more sense now.

Haiku
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

Yes the reviews may seem fishy - good to pay attention and research the posters; only one-timers with no other contributions to anything else on Maui or on TA at all are generally suspect.

However, none of us know for sure the owners planted those reviews.

We have only driven by .. and it is right on Hana Hwy and near Spreckelsville so very close to airport; plane noise is likely ... as well as some road noise or even headlights at night. For ~$240-300/night, you can do much better closer to airport; or in Haiku or Makawao. Paia and north shore are not as developed, which is the GOOD news so there are not as many lodging options, and beach front is rare. Maybe for some being able to walk across highway and 2 blocks thru private neighborhood to beach is worth that nighty rate.

One Japanese family we met stayed there ... think it was Aug or Sept of '08. Now the Mom is connected to artist she mentions ... so she may be biased about the art.

They were traveling with small kids ... and here is an excerpt from e-mail,

"what we liked was the small size of inn - only 5 rooms so felt more intimate; the decor in bath and esp. the art by local artist Avi Kiriaty was wonderful against white washed walls; common area where we could get coffee & pastries; and accommodating and friendly staff, as in they stayed open after hours when our flight was delayed; even setting up futon for kids. What we think could be better - the rooms are a bit small [altho we overheard they might be adding 1-2 nearby vacation houses between the inn and the ocean]; inn is NOT on the ocean but on highway. With small kids and not knowing for sure how close we were to beach, crossing highway felt a little dangerous. We drove down to Baldwin Beach park instead."

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

We took a tour of the Inn in Oct . Was very nice they have a main room with the five rooms off of that each have there own bathroom, reminded me a bit of Europe everything had been renovated bamboo floors paint furniture nice for single travelers or couples with out children nice to have a place if you want to stay in the heart of Paia town they also have two cottages and a house they rent in back with a path to the beach very nice no ocean view .Also very nice art work.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
10. Re: Paia Inn Hotel - I don't get it

I find it is absolutely amazing that the email Linda got from a Japanese couple she met is almost identical in phrases and tone as a review posted for the Pa`ia Inn by Christine C from Portland on another site. At least you are not simply cutting and pasting from other sites anymore, but it is still plagiarism, and dishonest to take information from another site, reword it and present it as your own, or to pass it off as correspondence to you.

You do not have to "walk across highway and 2 blocks thru private neighborhood to beach;" the Pa`ia Inn is makai of Hana Hwy and an easy walk to the beach. If anyone remembers the Maui Grown store in Pa`ia with the "Take a dog on a picnic" window painting, then you know where the Pai`a Inn is now.

As for the great reviews, it is suspect that most of them are sole posts by TA members who joined the same day they posted their reviews. On the Pa`ia Inn website they have a link to their TA reviews, and I do believe they ask their guests to add to their reviews, as well as most likely have a few identities they created themselves that they used in the past to try to promote the inn. It's an obvious and misguided attempt to use TA to their advantage.

Get answers to your questions about Paia
Recent Conversations
More Paia Topics