We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

san francisco
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

Aloha,

We're looking for lodging for two nights before meeting the rest of our party at a resort. Would like something low key, clean and somewhat budget. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Level Contributor
356 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

Have you checked into the Inn at Mama's Fish House? They have a great location right on the beach, and of course steps from the excellent restaurant. They beachfront cottages and garden cottages, 2 different prices. For a small surcharge you can get around the 3 night minimum.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

VRBO . com (vacation rentals by owner) has some pretty reasonable rates for units in the upcountry area. just go to Maui, then to the Northshore or Upcountry area.

alternative hawaii . com also has a few vacation rental sites for vacation homes.

just do your homework to ensure you are getting what you expect. get references, ask for pictures, the whole package should be up front and they should have no problems if you ask, otherwise, move on to the next rental.

good luck! (I stayed in an ohana unit in Paia one year - it was very reasonable, the family treated me like royalty and the unit was wonderful, everything i could need for my stay)

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

well Mama's fish house reviews on here kinda indicate it is pretty pricey and the original post said they wanted somewhat budget. but I guess it is all relative to what you consider budget.

they do say it compares to a resort, but worth it for the service and location right on the beach.

seattle
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

Look at the Huelo point flower farm. The gazebo room is reasonable and we loved it. Check it out.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
79 reviews
5. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

huh. I must be looking at the wrong place. the rate sheet on the website for Huelo flower farm says 300 a night for the most "reasonable" accomodation which is a guest cottage.

is that right?

It does look lovely.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

Old Wailuku Inn ....bed and breakfast, pretty reasonable.

seattle
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

Looks like they did up the price on the gazebo room. Sorry about that.....it is really lovely though, a wonderful, peaceful place

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
1 review
8. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

Try Hale Ho'okipa Inn in Makawao, a 100-year old B&B. Cherie (the owner) is real good with one night reservations. Approx $100-125/nite.

Also, try the Olinda Cottages on Olinda Road above Makawao. Nice B&B, reasonable prices. Minimum stay is 2 nights, I believe.

Makawao is 5-10 minutes above Paia, up Baldwin.

Hale Ho'okipa Inn, 808/572-6698

Olinda Country Cottages and Inn 808/572-1453 or 800/932-3435

olinda@mauibnbcottages.com

New York
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
68 reviews
9. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

Hi..I was searching too for something near Paia and not too expensive...Does anyone know anything about the SPYGLASS HOUSE?

Haiku
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: 2 nights in Paia....Or nearby. Need lodging suggestions

Check out Peace of Maui, just up the mountain from Paia, toward Makawao.

And the best BUDGET deal on the island. There are several postings and reviews in TA; also a Frommer recommendation.

We stay here every trip so we corral our funds into more productive activities, meals and shopping ... rather than so much tied up in outrageous lodging costs. John and Tammi, the owners, are wonderful folks and they run a very clean, efficient, well designed place.

Get answers to your questions about Paia
Recent Conversations