We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on honeymoon makawao vs Hana

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on honeymoon makawao vs Hana

We are looking at 2 places to stay to kick off our honeymoon in October. We wanted some seclusion and privacy before we headed to lahaina and kauai resorts for rest of trip Any advice on either of these two places, locations, etc would be greatly appreciated. We can't decide.

http://www.vrbo.com/47695#features

http://www.vrbo.com/259144

3 replies to this topic
LA
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on honeymoon makawao vs Hana

Makawao does nothing for me in terms of places to stay. A semi-residential area with a few coffe places and some art galleries.

I'd chose Hana for the acess to beaches, the overall tropical vibe, and the relative seclusion.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on honeymoon makawao vs Hana

Hana. No comparison as far as I'm concerned.

Montana
Level Contributor
86 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on honeymoon makawao vs Hana

We love visiting Makawao as a day trip but I'm not sure about spending several days there. Everything you can reach from Makawao you can reach from Kaanapali. I would stay in Hana to acces that part of the island.

No matter where you stay a trip to Polli's is always on our agenda. Great local Mexican restaurant that seems to draw many of the locals. Not fancy but good food for lunch.

BTW - you didn't ask in this post but we stay at the Sheraton every year and love it. Building 6 has the greatest views and is quiet and feels like it is it's own place but with access to this great resort. I have written other reviews about our experiences there. To me it is the best of both worlds.

Reply to: Where to stay on honeymoon makawao vs Hana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Makawao
Recent Conversations