We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Lanai with teenagers

Idaho
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Trip to Lanai with teenagers

We are going to the FS Maui for 18 days starting Nov. 8th. We have our 2 teenage daughters 14&15 and we thought of going to Lanai for 2 or 3 days and see the new resort.

Is there enough to keep of 2 daughters busy for 3 days? I know there isn't a lot to do, but thought it might be fun to explore the new property.

I know there is hiking, horses, etc. But where we live (Idaho) we already have that, so that will not interest our girls. They want the beach and shopping...

Thank you for any help!

Dana

8 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
72,207 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Trip to Lanai with teenagers

I think not, given your comments. Yes, the resort is gorgeous, and the beach is lovely-but your comment about shopping and beaches makes me say no :-). Maybe one night? You could do the morning ferry over, and the last ferry back the next day. That would give you a day and a half, sort of.

Idaho
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Trip to Lanai with teenagers

Great idea! I think that 3 days is too much for them, too! But it would be fun to stay a night and explore the island!

Thank you!!!

Maui
Level Contributor
72,207 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Trip to Lanai with teenagers

You're welcome! Have a great time.

Idaho
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Trip to Lanai with teenagers

I booked us for 2 days....

I think the girls will love exploring a new resort and that 2 days will be long enough and they will be ready to head back to Maui.

Thank you for the advice!!!!

Dana

Maui
Level Contributor
72,207 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Trip to Lanai with teenagers

Okay, do make a trip "topside" to Lana'i City. It's a wonderful small village, not even really a town. Stop and savor the vibe and the views.

Even though you can ride and hike in Idaho--do consider a horseback ride there if you can. It's not anything like Idaho's :-). Ditto for hiking, but be careful of conditions and the early darkness here.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
49,073 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Trip to Lanai with teenagers

I agree with Nick.

Idaho
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Trip to Lanai with teenagers

Nick,

Thank you for the ideas! I am sure the resort will take us to Lanai City. It looks like a really neat little city and the girls will love it, I have no doubt!

Yes, I am booking a horseback ride today!

Thanks again....Now watch our girls are going to want to stay on Lanai longer! That is how it normally ends up for mom and dad!!!

Mahalo for all the help!

Dana

Maui
Level Contributor
72,207 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Trip to Lanai with teenagers

LOL, so true :-).

Have a super time-I'm sure you will.

Reply to: Trip to Lanai with teenagers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lanai City