We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay

Getting excited about our November trip to Lana'i. We've been twice before, staying at Manele Bay and loved taking advantage of the fun resort activities. We are starting our Thanksgiving trip off by a few nights at Koele this time, then a few nights at Manele (then going to Kauai). What were your favorite activities at Koele (and Manele) - free or not? I heard there is miniature golf but I've walked the grounds and don't remember seeing it.

To get people excited about their upcoming stays at Manele, besides relaxing oceanside, we loved...

1. Island tour (took us to the LCC, Stables, a drive past Shipwreck) - I think we did this with Justin. There were only 3 of us and it was awesome.

2. Beachside lei making

3. Shoreline fishing

When we go next, I'm going to try and do the guided snorkel and the guided walk for Sweetheart Rock. I've done them both alone, but figured there would be more learnings to go with a guide ;)

The only thing we're really done at Koele was to tour the resort and Orchid House on our own.

Thanks! SK

6 replies to this topic
Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
33 reviews
68 helpful votes
1. Re: Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay

Aloha SK,

I am glad you have to opportunity to return to my favorite island. If you have not seen this before here is a link to a somewhat complete list of "things to do" (I have not updated this in nearly two years, but things change slowly on Lana`i):

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29219-c2257/Lanai:Ha…

If you are up for it off-road travels in a Jeep or Hummer are a must. The trip to Shipwreck is fine, but getting to Garden of the Gods, Polihua, Lopa, and Kaunolu (pictured in my avatar) would be tops on my list. I don't know what the current status of the Munro Trail, but if that is available it is a must.

If the Munro Trail is not available to drive the 5 mile round trip hike to Koloiki Ridge will give you a good flavor for the trail as it follows some of this.

Miniature golf is behind the Lodge to your right. I think it is more of a putting green from my recollection, but I could be wrong.

We did a guided hike to Sweetheart Rock once and it was informative. For morning exercise this can become a good daily hike if you like.

Enjoy!

-DrV

2. Re: Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 13:05

Big Island, Hawaii
Level Contributor
31,164 posts
3. Re: Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay

I agree about the Koloiki Rodge trail from Koele. It's a great and easy hike. I also really enjoy the sporting clay range and horsrback riding and of course golf. Walking into torn for dinner at Lanai City Grill.

I love renting a Hummer, driving down to Awalua, spending some time taking photographs at Keahiakawelo, then driving down to Kaiolohia. Looking for mouflon sheep and axis deer on the drive down to Polihua.

From Manele you can do the Kapiha‘a Trail Hike which includes the ruins of Kapiha‘a, an ancient Hawaiian village.

Kaunolu Village is cool, finding the petroglyphs and going up to Kahekili's leap.

Edited: 21 September 2014, 21:50
Kapolei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
4. Re: Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay

Guess my message was removed for including a (helpful) link to my own site so I won't do that but will say that I remember the mini golf at Koele as more of a large putting green (with several holes) located towards the golf course. Head out back, turn right, walk toward and passed the trees and you'll see it. Actually, this is how I discovered the neat ponds and waterfalls in that area too, very peaceful out back.

At Manele, the best thing for me is enjoying a poolside Mai Tai while Dr Sunglasses comes around and gives you a free sunglasses cleaning. Every hotel needs that service :)

The kids club at Manele is second to none as well. Not only is it completely free, open all day, but the ladies in there are very nice and seem to actually enjoy playing with the kids, doing crafts, catching (and releasing) lizards, etc.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay

Thanks everyone! LookIntoHawaii, I'm sorry your link didn't come through, I love looking at personal sites! We don't have any kids, but I know what you mean about the kids club - even I wanted to join in on some of their awesome activities like making exploding sand volcanoes on the beach (so cool!)

We don't really feel like renting a car (Lana'i is our lazy island and we love it that way), but may book a sunset cruise or other excursion. I saw photos of Kaunolu Village and it did look really awesome! Maybe it'll be part of the Four Season's island tour this time around.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay

Saw this posted - definitely going to take advantage of the hikes next month!

…fourseasons.com/manelebay/…

Reply to: Resort Activities at FS Koele and Manele Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lanai City