We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
203 reviews
Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

Hi, it is our first time to Kauai and we are bringing my Mom! (She is an active senior) I have found 2 wonderful. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condos at Waipouli Resort but have no idea if this is a good part of the Island or not, however I like there is a Starbucks & a Safeway close by! Any suggestions or comments! We will likely be doing lots of touring the island but also enjoy swimming in the pool, shopping, eating out & as well I will be cooking up a storm some nights in the condo 😀the resort looks great.

The Queens Jewels
Gift & Speciality Shops
Island Hemp & Cotton
Gift & Speciality Shops
Marta's Boat
Gift & Speciality Shops
California
Level Contributor
41,184 posts
129 reviews
41. Re: Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

I said positive things in my first post! I think WBR are the nicest condos on the eastside, I just don't like staying in such a congested area. You will be fine. Also try Tropical Dreams Ice Cream store next to Safeway. Just time you trips to avoid traffic congestion. There you go....more positives!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
137 reviews
42. Re: Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

Gee, I thought I said some positive things too......

Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
265 posts
354 reviews
43. Re: Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

It's funny how people are different. We always stay on the east side and I've had a few trips to Kauai where we never even went to Poipu. We spend most of our time in Kapaa. It depends on what we're doing. We find most of the time when we're by our selfs we prefer to stay in Kapaa but if we have guests, most of the time on their first trip to Kauai, we're hitting all the sights all over the island. So when I'm doing that I prefer the east side for the central location.

When a person doesn't have to be on a swimmable beach and it's there first trip to Kauai, I will always reccommend the east side as an option.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
227 posts
69 reviews
44. Re: Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

And here's another perspective.....I have found that for us, when our accommodations are on a nice swimmable beach, we are less likely to branch out and visit other beaches because a nice one is *rightthere* at our feet. If we are driving to a beach anyway, we are more apt to visit different ones. So there's pros and cons to both (for us anyway).

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,920 posts
1 review
45. Re: Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

"It's also not nearly as "ugly" as many people say it is---or perhaps that's because I live(d) in the Midwest for 50 years "

Ouch! Slabaume, I don't know what part of the Midwest you lived in for 50 years but I was born and bred in the Upper Midwest and always think fondly back to the peacefulness and simple beauty of the rolling plains and sunsets as big as orange basketballs and the cleanliness everywhere. I could go on and on. Of course every place has their industrial areas but that's not what I think of when I think of the Midwest.

Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
265 posts
354 reviews
46. Re: Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

And here's another perspective.....I have found that for us, when our accommodations are on a nice swimmable beach, we are less likely to branch out and visit other beaches because a nice one is *rightthere* at our feet. If we are driving to a beach anyway, we are more apt to visit different ones. So there's pros and cons to both (for us anyway).

I agree, I have a few friends who are like that and I recommended Poipu for them, it was during the winter too.

I have people ask me a lot because they know I go every year. I had other friends going in the summer and they stayed at the Westin in Princeville. The loved it so much, they said they never left the resort. They came back and thanked me and said what a great time they had. Not my ideal vacation but they loved it and still talk about it. It was there first time to Kauai and they really didn't see anything but it was their perfect vacation. Go figure. :)

Edited: 29 July 2015, 04:15
47. Re: Is Waipouli Resort/Kapaa A Good Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2016, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kapaa
Recent Conversations