We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in Kauai

Kansas
Level Contributor
54 posts
72 reviews
5 nights in Kauai

Our flights are set for a Hawaii trip in May, 2019. We'll be dividing our time between Maui and Kauai. We'll be spending 5 nights in Kauai, and parts of 6 days: Day 1- Flying in from Maui mid-afternoon, Days 2-5 are 4 full days, then Day 6 is full day without a hotel, flying out to the mainland that night). We're still undecided about where we'll stay, but in that amount of time, how much can we take in without feeling rushed? We will have had good beach time in Maui. I figure we'll be on the go more in Kauai, and I want to see ask much as I can, but like I said, I don't want to feel rushed. Thanks. Oh. Forgot to mention: We're a couple, not kids, in our young 60's, healthy and active.

Edited: 21 August 2018, 13:39
3 replies to this topic
Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
147 reviews
1. Re: 5 nights in Kauai

Kauai is a small island, Easily driven in less than half a day from end to end. Things also move slow. It really depends on what you want to to...see waterfalls, hike, helicopter or boat ride. Waimea canyon is a nice 1/2 day with great views and hikes. First decide where you want to stay. In November, south shore is usually recommended as it's drier but again, the drive from North to South shores is only about 1 1/2 hours.

Camarillo...
Level Contributor
254 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: 5 nights in Kauai

We found that even if we chose an activity (a hike or excursion) on the other side of the island, it usually was just the morning, so we would hit a beach over there in the afternoon. For your four full days you could do a NaPali boat ride, Waimea Canyon, kayaking to Secret Falls, and maybe a hiking day. You'll fit plenty!

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,364 posts
3,388 reviews
3. Re: 5 nights in Kauai

Kauai is one of our favorite islands.

Kauai is a DIY car rental island.

Easy drive to natural attractions.

Enjoy

Reply to: 5 nights in Kauai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kapaa