We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

Port Orchard...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

Have 1st trip to Kauai scheduled for last two weeks of May, staying in Kapaa. Concerned about the recent bad weather, what will be open to see and visit. Who knows, maybe it will be a good opportunity to take that helicopter tour and see the sights I can't drive to.

8 replies to this topic
Big Island, Hawaii
Level Contributor
31,163 posts
1. Re: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

Please read through the many many many topics that already address this. There’s no reason to cancel if you’re booked for Kapaa.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
137 reviews
2. Re: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

Main Kaua‘i forum must have a dozen threads regarding the recent flooding and this makes one more. No issues in Kapa‘a at all. By the end of May, probably no issues anywhere on the island with the exception of the Kalalau Trail - did you plan on hiking it? If not, no worries. There's plenty of places on Kaua‘i that you can't drive to, to begin with, so the helicopter will be a great tour.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g29218…

Edited: 19 April 2018, 01:14
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,739 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

The only area I would not count on being able to access is west of Hanalei. Kapaʻa felt very little impact from the storm. Most of the island is just fine.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,719 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

I live in Kapaa, we're fine!!

Port Orchard...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
5. Re: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

Thank you

Fresno, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

We’re here in Kapaa for two weeks. It’s business as usual. We love it here. Thought about canceling as well but made some phone calls and felt comfortable along with a full flight coming here. As previously posted, Hanalei is off limits but so many other places to go. NO NEED TO CANCEL. Hey, they are working very hard here. Lucky your vacation is the end of May. Should be in much better condition when you arrive..

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,739 posts
59 reviews
7. Re: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

Hanalei is NOT off limits. As a matter of fact, the Chamber of Commerce is publicly asking people to come. The only place you need to stay away from is the east end of Weke Road (Black Pot Beach by the pier).

California
Level Contributor
41,433 posts
130 reviews
8. Re: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?

Please don't tell visitors that Hanalei is off limits. Its not. There are very few businesses that have not opened. Businesses need you to come and parts of the bay are open. They are just asking that you stay away from the boats landing and grabbing supplies for those still in flood areas. Hanalei Town is so cute and people should see it.

Reply to: Cancel my May Trip to Kauai?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kapaa
Recent Conversations