We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

I'm flying from Scotland to Wyoming in August, coming via Denver. I was booked with Great Lakes from Denver to Sheridan and they've just cancelled the flight, and stopping the route. Has anyone heard if anyone else is flying Denver to Sheridan, or plans to in the near future, as right now I'm stuck for alternatives.

I appreciated all help or suggestions.

Best wishes

Kirsteen Campbell

14 replies to this topic
Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
7,156 posts
1 review
1. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

Were you flying into Sheridan because you're doing something there or were you planning on going somewhere else after you landed in Sheridan?

Deb

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

You might try contacting the airport.

http://www.sheridancountyairport.com/

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,156 posts
1 review
3. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

I see from another post that you're staying at a ranch. Maybe call/contact the ranch to see if they have any ideas for transportation since the Sheridan flight was cancelled.

You can fly into Billings, MT which is about 130 miles north of Sheridan or Cody, Wyoming which is about 145 miles west of Sheridan. Unless, the ranch has a way to come get you or has some other transportation ideas you would need to rent a car and drive yourself. You could also just fly into Denver and drive up to Sheridan which is about 425 miles.

Deb

Edited: 22 March 2015, 14:42
Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,797 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

This news article appeared very recently and may shed some light on the question:

trib.com/business/great-lakes-announces-term…

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

Hi Deb, I am heading for Sheridan as I am booked for a vacation at

Eaton's Ranch. I've seen there is an airport at Gillette, but I would hold off booking an

alternative route if another company was going to be flying into Sheridan.

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

Best wishes

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

Thank you very much, best wishes

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

I read that article Bill, very interesting, hopefully Sky West take on the route.

I'll watch the situation over the next couple of months, failing that I'll hire a car.

Thanks again.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,797 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

Well, you picked a great place in the Eaton Ranch. They own several hundred horses as I recall, and that's a beautiful setting for horseback riding.

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,156 posts
1 review
10. Re: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming

I found the following on the Eaton Ranch website so if there ends up not being an alternative flight into Sheridan you might want to call them. It might be cheaper to pay the additional charge for transportation from Billings or Casper than renting a car to drive yourself.

>>>>Billings, MT: The Billings airport is served by most major airlines. Guests often rent cars for the two-hour drive, or Ranch transportation can be arranged in advance for an additional charge.

Casper, WY: The Casper airport is served by United via Denver and by Delta via Salt Lake City. Guests can rent a car for the 2.5-hour drive, or Ranch transportation can be arranged in advance for an additional charge.<<<<

Deb

Reply to: Flights to Sheridan Wyoming
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sheridan