We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scene "vibe" for Snowshoe property owners?

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
Save Topic
Scene "vibe" for Snowshoe property owners?

Is there a weekend locals scene at Snowshoe? We would like to buy a place there, but are wondering if there is a hangout scene where our kid (and us) could make some friends. Also, I've read reviews about over-crowding on the slopes. Is that every weekend or just during long or holiday weekends?

Any help is appreciated!

Rikki

Virginia
Level Contributor
386 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scene "vibe" for Snowshoe property owners?

Hi Rikki, I didn't see your message until just the other day so I am not sure if you are still interested in buying up at Snowshoe or not? We owned in Powderidge for several years. We did not know our neighbors as most people rent and use their places on occasion. We found our kids were happiest when we brought friends or friends with kids rented nearby. There is a game room where kids congregate in the village and hang out(young teens).

There is a bar for adults and we went there on New Years Eve once and it was a lot of fun. Band was great (The Davisson Brothers). (Southern Rock)

Slopes are mostly crowded on holidays, but in all the years we went there, even on holidays, I never felt like people were skiing on top of people. I would see only a few skiers and then at the bottom, there was a line so I knew there were people there.

We loved Powderidge because it was quiet at night and there was more room for our family. We had a two bedroom. Also, we were near the lift so it was a pretty good spot to be. Prices have really dropped and we unfortunately bought at a high and sold at a low. Our kids are grown and we were just not using it enough to justify the costs. The management company does take a lot in fees to manage your property if you rent. Housekeeping costs are high for the small condos and they never clean that well. Places like Allegheny Springs have very high HOA fees to manage the pools and such. Powderidge was never that high.

There was talk on and off for years about the stability of Intrawest and whether they were going to stay and invest in the mountain or pull out. I would see what the latest is on that. Best of luck. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are probably some great deals up there now. Summer is a great time to buy and there are some cool festivals up there.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
10,301 posts
3,004 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scene "vibe" for Snowshoe property owners?

Yes, Snowshoe does have evening "events" for teens and adults.

We find Snowshoe skiing superior to Seven Springs, and Snowshoe does attract skiiers from the DC area.

W have, and will not ski Snowshoe between Christmas and New Years and any other Holiday weekends.

That said, Snowshoe is large for an Eastern Resort, and 98% or winter/spring skiing is a delight.

There are runs and moguls to challenge all levels.

The late spring/summer season offers a delightful holidays in the "mountains."

We have enjoyed Snowshoe for many years.

Slainte

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scene "vibe" for Snowshoe property owners?

Thank you so much for all the info! We just looked at condos last weekend & we liked Powderidge the best. Especially the HOA fees.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share all that. It is very useful!

Thanks again,

Rikki

4. Re: Scene "vibe" for Snowshoe property owners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2017, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Snowshoe