We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Art Galleries

Uniontown...
2 posts
Save Topic
Art Galleries

I have read differing info. on how many Art galleries are in the area. What is the truth?

5 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Art Galleries

What have you read? Why do you need to know how many there are? Are you going to visit Lewisburg?

I've been to Cooper Gallery and Harmony Ridge Gallery many times. There might be a couple more and there may be some new ones now...I haven't been in over a year.

Mentioned in this post
Lewisburg
Lewisburg
West Virginia
Uniontown...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Art Galleries

Yes I wanted to visit and the one article mentioned 50. I knew that was inflated, but thought i would ask.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Art Galleries

What article was that? Lewisburg is a great little town to visit. More than just galleries.

Mentioned in this post
Lewisburg
Lewisburg
West Virginia
hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Art Galleries

The truth is that it's hard to define what should be counted when you're deciding how many art galleries there are in a particular spot.

The city of Lewisburg definitely doesn't have 50 businesses with signs out front that say "art gallery". OTOH, if you search hard enough (or want to wrote an article about things to do) I wouldn't be surprised if you could find 50 places in the near vicinity of Lewisburg that display or sell art.

Mentioned in this post
Lewisburg
Lewisburg
West Virginia
Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Art Galleries

^^ Very true. Even some clothing stores and restaurants have art on their walls for sale.

Lee Street Studios...another gallery.... had a nice article in the morning paper.

White Sulphur Springs, just down the road, has a gallery or two, as well as inside the Greenbrier Resort.

Mentioned in this post
The Greenbrier
The Greenbrier
2,802 Reviews
White Sulphur Springs, WV
Reply to: Art Galleries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lewisburg