We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals at Amtrak station

2 posts
Save Topic
Car rentals at Amtrak station

Amtrak train arrives at 1:40am. Is there any car rental options at that time or must one wait until 6am when they open at the airport?

10 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

You’re going to have to wait. Would you really want to be on the road then anyway? I’d think I’d want to check into a hotel.

Seattle
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

Are you absolutely sure you arrive at 1:40AM? - Could it perhaps be PM?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,913 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

Its Spokane so 140 am is more likely

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

Yep. I think the op is headed west, but either way, the train arrives in spokane after midnight. Just another thing to love about Amtrak;)

Seattle
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

Wow!

Washington State
Level Contributor
904 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

Train has to be somewhere in the middle of the night, Marie. It is going between Seattle and Chicago.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

No, really, you don’t say. I thought it only travelled in day light hours.

I get it, but Spokane is a major hub for eastern WA and it’s not a train station I want to be at in the wee hours of the morning. The timing is a major inconvenience for what should be an easy trip. Of course it would not be after midnight if we had high speed rail like other 21st century countries.

I’d like to take the train more, but it’s no mystery why Amtrak is in the red. It’s so not user friendly, at least in the West.

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

What are you doing with the rental car? If you are planning on going far out of state or Canada, then yeah wait till the morning.

If you are going to visit family or something close by for a day or two, I think there is a zip car in Spokane if you must have a car and start driving as soon as possible. I understand; people got limited time off from work.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

We will be visiting family in Idaho a couple hours away from Spokane. Didnt really want to pay for a hotel for the few hours we would be there.

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
73 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rentals at Amtrak station

Hi Khris,

You are correct the train gets into Spokane at 140AM. There are NO car rental agencies near the train station. Your best coarse of action would be to call Hertz or Enterprise and see what they can do for you at that hour. They both may still be open at the airport which is only 15min away at that time of night. IF they are open you can call Uber or Lyft and they can take you right out.

Good Luck.

K

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Reply to: Car rentals at Amtrak station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted