We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking at Amtrak

1 post
Save Topic
parking at Amtrak

I am traveling on Amtrak from Spokane to Portland and need to leave my car for 6 days.. is it safe to leave it at the station and do I prepay or pay on return >?

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
4 replies to this topic
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking at Amtrak

Personally I would park at the Davenport Hotel parking garage rather than the Amtrak station. The garage is at First and post just a few blocks from the station. Self parking is $17 per day.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: parking at Amtrak

I think you could park for a whole lot less than that at the airport or Amtrak itself?

Unless you really need to park your car inside, that is. Smash and grab is not a huge concern in Spokane, although admittedly, I don't have that nice of a car.

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking at Amtrak

As I stated before, I would not park at the Amtrak station especially for that many days. There are a lot of vehicle prowling incidents in Spokane. I would want to park inside due to weather and also for security. Sure, you can park at the airport but then you need to ge to and from the airport to the Amtrak station.

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking at Amtrak

Concur,

This is a rough area. Davenport Tower is 4 blocks away, covered and secure.

Mentioned in this post
The Davenport Tower, Autograph Collection
The Davenport Tower...
356 Reviews
Spokane, WA
Reply to: parking at Amtrak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted