We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging with ocean view

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Save Topic
lodging with ocean view

I've never stayed in Long Beach. Which hotel has the best view of the ocean? They all seem to be way back from the water. We often go to Lincoln City, OR where we stay a few feet from the beach. We do have other reasons that bring us to Long Beach, but in doing so, I'd still like to be as close to the beach as possible. Or, 2nd choice would be a hillside location with a vast ocean view, but my understanding is that there isn't such a thing there. Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging with ocean view

Check out the visitor's bureau website funbeach.com. there is only one, maybe two ocean view. One is the inn at the arch, can't remember the other, but it is on the website.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,844 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging with ocean view

Long Beach is flat. You aren't going to find hills with view there. I really like the place, but you have to take it on its own terms. It's a huge beach set in front of dunes covered in scrub, which completely block the view of the water. You take paths through the brush to reach the beach, and it's surprisingly easy to get lost on the way back because all the scrub looks the same. This is not the dramatic, picturesque, seascape of Oregon or Olympic National Park. It's big and impressive, but boy, is it flat.

Reply to: lodging with ocean view
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach
More Long Beach Topics