We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
260 posts
54 reviews
Lodging

It seems like Adrift and Inn at Discovery Coast are the only actual nice hotels on Long Beach. And it also looks like they are booked out through the summer every weekend. Any recommendations on where to stay that is not a run-down 2-star mid-range chain or motel. We're going for a NICE weekend away. We've had the same problem in the past planning a trip to Cannon Beach where everything nice was booked up every weekend we are available. We would prefer to be near Adrift, as we have been told about a great bakery with vegan/gluten free options near Adrift, and this is a necessity. I acknowledge that we will unfortunately, probably, need to drive everywhere.

12 replies to this topic
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,926 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Lodging

It's not really an upscale destination. If you are looking for a nice hotel, what about the San Juans or Whidbey Island? You might run into the same availability issue--people do book well in advance for summer weekends--but you'll have a lot more choices for nicer lodging, so there might be something (or you might get lucky with a cancellation).

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
260 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Lodging

I am from Washington. We've been to Deception Pass a few times and nothing else there is striking our interest. Orcas is a massive hassle with the ferries - an entire half day of travel to get there and to get home after you include traffic. Long Beach is easily accessible from the South Sound, it has a massive beach, it's not too far of a drive after getting off work on Friday night, there is reportedly a vegan/GF bakery in town, and we can hike through a national wildlife refuge at the north end of the peninsula. Long Beach is the destination. Not Whidbey. Not the San Juans. I'm just surprised that the largest beach in Washington only seems to have two nice hotels. Clearly there is a demand since they are booked out for the rest of summer. Are there B&Bs not listed online? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

(FYI, Tripadvisor guidelines ask for forum posts to be specific. My original post was pretty specific. Please stay on-topic. Suggesting Whidbey or Orcas - places that are hours in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION - is NOT helpful and is way off topic!)

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,975 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Lodging

Try looking on Air B-n-B or VRBO. I picked a weekend in August and found availability in Long Beach, Astoria and a couple of listings in Cannon Beach.

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion: scolding others will not encourage more members to respond. If you receive answers which you don't like, then you're probably better off just ignoring them. We all volunteer our time here to answer questions, and it's a thankless 'job.'

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
6,645 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Lodging

Wow! Lots of Long Beach questions right now. Is there an event?

Just curious~~~~~

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
6,645 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Lodging

Uh oh! Am I going to get scolded too??

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,813 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Lodging

I don't feel inclined to be helpful, and I enjoyed my stay in Long Beach. Christy1, who was trying to be helpful, is right. Long Beach is not at all upscale. It's a family place for those who like salt water taffy, driving on the beach, and visiting old fashioned, slightly tacky, tourist attractions. It's not a place for nice hotels.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Lodging

Long Beach is not nice. Seaside and Cannon Beach are.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
45 posts
8. Re: Lodging

Long Beach is very nice, and the Best Western is a great place to stay. Check out funbeach.com

Maple Valley...
Level Contributor
613 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Lodging

Adam,

Check out the Lighthouse Resort. It is a couple of miles north of town, but we really like it. Don't be mislead by the cabins you will see along the highway. These are old fishing cabins. Behind them, not really visable from the road are one, two, and three bedroom condos. All have full kitchens, not real fancy, but nice and clean. Check out there website.

As others have said Long Beach is not a fancy place. I like to refer to it as a blue collar Cannon Beach! With that being said we love it (and Cannon Beach). If you go, check out the Depot for dinner. It is actually in Seaview, but Long Beach and Seaview kind of just run together.

Edited: 22 September 2016, 06:18
Maple Valley...
Level Contributor
613 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Lodging

Oops sorry, I just realized your original post was dated in July and you have probably already made your trip! Oh well, maybe the advice will be useful for next time, or somebody else who read this thread.

Reply to: Lodging
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach
More Long Beach Topics