We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Dinner In Long Beach May '16 & Oysters

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday Dinner In Long Beach May '16 & Oysters

My husband and I are thinking of going to the Long Beach peninsula and Cannon Beach, OR the first week of May to celebrate his 40th birthday. We will be driving from the SF Bay Area with our dog. We have previously visited the area (twice now) but both times were in middle of July where everything was bustling, so I have a few questions visiting slightly off season.

1) Are any of the restaurants on the peninsula open in early May? One of the things we worry about is the lack of food choices. We know (from visiting previously) there are no fast food nearby. We plan on staying at Adrift so there's the restaurant inside the hotel, but it'd be nice to have some other alternatives.

2) Are there any restaurants you would recommend for a birthday dinner in that area? We will be spending his birthday at Long Beach. We enjoy most cuisines but would like to stay away from Japanese food purely because I live in the mecca of Japanese restaurants in the SF Bay Area. Happy to drive up the peninsula if the restaurant is not located in Long Beach itself.

3) Are there any restaurants/places recommended by the locals to get some grilled/raw oysters? It does not need to be fancy, it just needs to be good. I'm happy to eat on the side of the road if the oysters are good. My husband prefers them cooked but I love them raw.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach
Long Beach
Washington
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
Oregon Coast, OR
1. Re: Birthday Dinner In Long Beach May '16 & Oysters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2016, 10:09
2. Re: Birthday Dinner In Long Beach May '16 & Oysters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2017, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach
More Long Beach Topics