We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Caliornia
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Wondering if we should stay in Glacier or Bellingham? Want to see scenery and do some hiking. will have been on San Juans for 6 nights, then will have 2 nights in Seattle proper. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Besy

Mentioned in this post
Bellingham
Bellingham
Washington
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
7 replies to this topic
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

I have always camped in the back country when staying in that area. I would certainly choose Glacier rather than driving to and from Bellingham. Hopefully others will,pipe in about places to stay as your choices will be limited in Glacier and I can not give recommendations. I used to love eating at Graham’s although I have not stopped there in ages.

Mentioned in this post
Bellingham
Bellingham
Washington
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

If you end up staying in Bellingham, check out hikes on/around Chuckanut Mountain. Unless you want to hike in the Mt. Baker area, I’d stay in B’ham.

Mentioned in this post
Bellingham
Bellingham
Washington
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Glacier. There are some truly world-class hikes in the Mount Baker area, and you'll be closer to them in glacier then you would be in Bellingham.

Mentioned in this post
Bellingham
Bellingham
Washington
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

It depends what type of lodging you are looking for. Glacier is a tiny mountain community with no hotels, only rental homes and a few restaurants. Bellingham has a full range of hotel options, restaurants, breweries, events, activities, etc. Glacier is in the mountains. Bellingham is on the water.

Mentioned in this post
Bellingham
Bellingham
Washington
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

I would opt for Glacier, just to be closer to the trails. We have stayed at the Blue T Lodge there and were pleasantly surprised. We were not expecting much at all, just a room for a night, but it was quite nice. The restaurant next door, Chair 9, was good also. We have been there many times though so knew what to expect there. Anyway, this is a good spot to stay for being close to good hiking.

Caliornia
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Thanks!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Take Mtngrl advise if she recommends a place in Glacier and you can get a room. You will be close to some spectacular scenery.

Reply to: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted