We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Caliornia
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Wondering if we should stay in Glacier or Bellingham? Want to see scenery and do some hiking. will have been on San Juans for 6 nights, then will have 2 nights in Seattle proper. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Besy

7 replies to this topic
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,750 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

I have always camped in the back country when staying in that area. I would certainly choose Glacier rather than driving to and from Bellingham. Hopefully others will,pipe in about places to stay as your choices will be limited in Glacier and I can not give recommendations. I used to love eating at Graham’s although I have not stopped there in ages.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

If you end up staying in Bellingham, check out hikes on/around Chuckanut Mountain. Unless you want to hike in the Mt. Baker area, I’d stay in B’ham.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Glacier. There are some truly world-class hikes in the Mount Baker area, and you'll be closer to them in glacier then you would be in Bellingham.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

It depends what type of lodging you are looking for. Glacier is a tiny mountain community with no hotels, only rental homes and a few restaurants. Bellingham has a full range of hotel options, restaurants, breweries, events, activities, etc. Glacier is in the mountains. Bellingham is on the water.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,935 posts
102 reviews
5. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

I would opt for Glacier, just to be closer to the trails. We have stayed at the Blue T Lodge there and were pleasantly surprised. We were not expecting much at all, just a room for a night, but it was quite nice. The restaurant next door, Chair 9, was good also. We have been there many times though so knew what to expect there. Anyway, this is a good spot to stay for being close to good hiking.

Caliornia
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Thanks!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,750 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?

Take Mtngrl advise if she recommends a place in Glacier and you can get a room. You will be close to some spectacular scenery.

Reply to: We have 2 nights to spend: Bellingham or Glacier?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted