We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huge crowds at Jamestown & CW

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Huge crowds at Jamestown & CW

Huge lines of school kids at Jamestown at the moment. No fun at all.

CW was also very crowded but is more able to absorb large numbers of people.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,910 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huge crowds at Jamestown & CW

We just got back from a 4 day trip to CW and Jamestown - it has been like that all week. I think every school system in the US must be on Spring Break this week, and a lot of them appear to be taking field trips to the Historic Triangle. There were even some school groups from as far away as California (which really surprised me).

Best advice is to start the day early (most attractions open at 9:00 AM) and be as flexible as possible with your plans. FYI for Historic Jamestowne - the Glass House opens at 8:30 AM, so you can start there a little earlier even. The glassworks are technically part of the fee use area, but I think they are pretty lenient if you stop there first before paying your fee at the visitor center. We saw several folks wandering around who were not wearing admission stickers, and nobody said anything to them - just make sure you do pay the fee!

-JimG

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Huge crowds at Jamestown & CW

I was there with a friend this afternoon (in CW) and she said she drove around for like 10 minutes and could not find a parking space. I thought it was busy, too, but still nothing like the crowds for other big events like fireworks or something like that, so at least there is some space to breathe :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
173 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huge crowds at Jamestown & CW

Gee I hope it won't be that crowded the week of May14th when I am going.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Huge crowds at Jamestown & CW

The College of William and Mary's commencement is Sunday, May 13, so I'd expect that weekend to be busy, but not the following week.

5. Re: Huge crowds at Jamestown & CW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:15