We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens Questions

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chattanooga
Level Contributor
349 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Busch Gardens Questions

We will be visiting Busch Gardens opening weekenMarch 24-25.

Online it says you cannot bring bags onto the coasters and must get a locker. We were there this past November for Christmastown and I thought there were bins to put stuff. Son is diabetic and I will have insulin in fanny pack (I know yuck) but need bag for juice and snacks and refill mugs. I will keep camera and wallet with me in pack. Is there a place to avoid the lockers?

Also, I am interested in the dining certificates but have read on disboards that not all dining places are open early in the season. Is there a listing anywhere other than the BG site that gives more info?

Finally, I think I heard about a pizza buffet. Will it be open yet and what are hours and prices?

Any other info is appreciated. We have the Super Grover pass.

Thanks!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,737 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens Questions

As far as I know, there are no bins to put stuff. How would your items remain secure in a bin with no lock? If you have someone who is not riding the coaster, they could hold the bag/pack, then switch off. I think they also let one parent ride with a child, then let the other parent ride without having to go to the end of the queue.

I haven't heard yet which dining places will be open.

The Super Grover pass is for Sesame Place in Pennsylvania, not for Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

To talk to someone at BGW, you can call their toll-free number at 1-800-343-7946

Chattanooga
Level Contributor
349 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens Questions

The Super Grove pass we have includes all Sea Worlds, both Busch Gardens, and all affiliated waterparks in the country except Discovery Cove.

It includes preferred parking at all parks, premium seatiing at shows, and food/merch discounts. It was about $150 until March 1st and good from Black Friday 2011 thrirough Dec. 31, 2012. Now it is about $200--still a great deal.It can be ordered online at sesameplace.com. It is of course good there too, but since our youngest is 18, we have no interest in it.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,737 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens Questions

Well, I learned something - I had no idea about that pass!

virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busch Gardens Questions

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid the lockers... unless you just leave your bags outside of the lines or with a non rider. they used to let you just toss your stuff to the side, but stopped that a few years ago. They are usually pretty strict about it at the beginning of the season also. The pizza buffet is a good deal and it's actually pretty good. The BG website should have updated info for the opening weekend. Hope you have a great trip... they made a lot of new changes over 2011 season.

Chattanooga
Level Contributor
349 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busch Gardens Questions

Thank you so much for the info. We were there in November and Sea World Orlando in January and they all run together as far as dining, bags policy, etc. I know at SW Manta is its newest coaster and it had bins for bags. Most are like what you would put kids' shoes in at McDonald's playland.

Again, thanks.

6. Re: Busch Gardens Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:43