We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we watch Revolutionary City without buying CW tickets?

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Corning, New York
10 posts
Save Topic
Can we watch Revolutionary City without buying CW tickets?

Pedestrians are free to enjoy walking around Colonial Williamsburg without paying for admission tickets. What is to stop us from watching the outdoor Revolutionary City performances without having paid for admission tickets? What else is there to see and do without a ticket?

Anything else in the area to do for free or cheap?

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we watch Revolutionary City without buying CW tickets?

It sappears that you have asked the same question in two posts, about seeing Revolutionary City without a Colonial Williamsburg ticket. Even though the restored area streets are walkable without a ticket, the one block area between Bouteourt Street and the colonial capitol is blocked off during the Rev City Program. Cordons are placed across the street and at the capitol end, and costumed interpreters ask guests to show their tickets to enter the area.

If you are coming for a week, it really does not make much sense to be here and not experience all that Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown have to offer. Suggest you have a look at the ticket options -- there are some great deals running this spring -- and see if you can fit some paid admissions into your budget.

RQT
New Castle...
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we watch Revolutionary City without buying CW tickets?

You will miss out on so much if you don't buy a ticket. With a ticket you can check out the inner workings of the Randolph House, take a tour of the Governor's Palace, take part in a trial at the Courthouse, have a conversation with Thomas Jefferson or Patrick Henry at one of the outdoor locations, learn a colonial dance at one of the taverns, be entertained at the wig maker's or milliner's, or any number of other options. While CW's grounds are quite beautiful and worthwhile checking out, I agree with BixDoc's suggestion that you try to fit in a paid admission while you are visiting.

Corning, New York
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we watch Revolutionary City without buying CW tickets?

Thank you, that answered my question about Revolutionary City. I am sure that CW is a quality museum and well worth the admission. It's just that we really have VERY little money, my husband is a pastor and I am a stay-at-home Mom. A dear friend gave us a week of vacation in a time-share condominium as a "thank you" gift for our hard work and dedication to our congregation. Do you happen to know if the multi-day tickets are transferrable? Perhaps we could eek out enough in our budget to allow my husband and son to go one day, and then I could take our daughter the next day.

boston
Level Contributor
59 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we watch Revolutionary City without buying CW tickets?

Amy,

To answer your question I would say yes, you could get by sharing passes as there is nothing to identify the passes as yours. When we bought ours I was the one doing the purchasing and gave my name so all four of our passes have my name on very small type on the back but it doesn't really matter as no one has asked to see id

Corning, New York
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we watch Revolutionary City without buying CW tickets?

Thank you so much!

6. Re: Can we watch Revolutionary City without buying CW tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:16