We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
518 posts
56 reviews
Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

We'll be renting a cottage near Dam Neck in early July. From my very preliminary, quick look, it seems like this area is away from the action, perhaps? (which in our case, a good thing). Are there any restaurants in the immediate area you can recommend?....and we would love to know if there is a fish market to get fresh seafood. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
138 reviews
1. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

Plenty of restaurants to choose from in that area:

urbanspoon.com/ps/35/6125/hampton-roads-rega…

http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=restaurants&find_loc=General+Booth+Boulevard%2C+Virginia+Beach%2C+VA

Most of the seafood markets are over towards Shore Drive on the bay. There are several a little closer to you.

Welton Seafood-Laskin Road-about 15min

Bonney and Sons-Princess Anne Road about 15 min

Farmers Market-Dam Neck Road about 10min

Do a seafood market search to see others that may interest you.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

As far as restaurants, fairly near you,take a look at Rockafeller's at the marina, Waterman's and Chix, both oceanfront.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
518 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

Thanks LynnVB and explorer3..good information! I have bookmarked both your comments! I hoping oysters and soft shell crabs be available early july???

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

For something really casual and beachy you might look up the menus for the following. And check the TA reviews. Maybe others will chime in. A couple of friends recommended these and two we have enjoyed ourselves but some reviews for one (Lucky Oyster) are a bit up and down. They are mostly in the other direction, going south a bit instead of north. Still a nice exploration of Sandbridge and you might even go down further to the quieter areas of the beach. So....Zest, Sandbridge Island Restaurant and Raw Bar, Lucky Oyster, Big Sam's (Big Sam's is at Rudee Inlet.)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
518 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

Thanks explorer3...I've bookmarked your last message as well. This trip was literally thrown at me (me, who loves to research an upcoming trip to death!!) so I need to first get my bearings, location wise. We will be staying at the military cottages on the beach. Our friends say they are really nice, but of course, not really being 'public', there isn't a whole lot about them on the internet.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

These may be what you're talking about:

…dodlodging.net/propertys/Cottages-at-Dam-Ne…

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

Haven't been but I'm told it's a very nice set up. And I can see that it is thanks to google. Go to Dam Neck Rd, Virginia Beach and follow it all the way east. At the end are the cottages. You can then zoom in and set the nice quiet setting. One can't take Regulus straight down to Sandbridge, which is still Virginia Beach...a peaceful residential area which is Virginia's outer banks. There's a gate at the end of Regulus and if you can't access the gate you need to do a short work around.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

I believe you'll have great access to Rudee Inlet, which is a cool, pleasant place to watch the boats while you dine. You can take Regulus north...check the map...continue up on a street to Croaton Rd, then just a little west to General Booth Blvd. Right/north on that and as soon as you cross the Inlet make your way left to the restaurants. Just google something like Virginia Beach restaurants and zoom in. You'll see several in that area without going too far from your cottage. Next one up from Waterman's is the oceanfront Mahi Mah's, which usually has good lunch specials. We like to eat outdoors if it's not awfully hot and watch the people on all sorts of bicycles (family surries, tandem, single, the occasional unicycle) with a variety of attachments for dogs and children in front and back.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
518 posts
56 reviews
9. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

Yes, that is the link I got too, and yes, they do look nice. Thanks again for the restaurant info...I'm going to check them out. Looking forward to a relaxing time!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: Fish market/ restaurants near Dam Neck?

Just in case you happen to find yourselves at the north end of Virginia Beach...on the Chesapeake Bay (quite a distance, but who knows)...you might want to take a look at these places for great seafood:

http://www.hottunavb.com/ (Yes, an unusual location but cool decor and good food)

http://lynnhavenfishhouse.net/ (at the end of a long parking lot with a great view of the Bay)

http://www.onefish-twofish.com/ (Dinner only, as far as I know, and on the Lynnhaven River surrounded on three sides by water for some nice views)

You might also take a look at this one, a restaurant with a wine shop/seafood market section:

www.docksideva.com/ordereze/default.aspx

And I haven't hade the oysters there but I hear the oysters are good at the very casual waterfront place with outside picnic tables:

http://www.chicksoysterbar.com/index.php

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach