We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big sur hike

Mattapoisett, MA
Level Contributor
667 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Big sur hike

Hi - we will be staying in Carmel 3 nights, then Cambria 3 nights. We love to hike and have planned most of our trip. Undecided on how to spend the day getting from Carmel to Cambria with a great hiking experience but still time to stop at Nepenthe for coffee, see the elephant seals, mcway falls - all before dinner in Cambria!

We did ewoldson our last trip which was great. I am looking at Andrew molera loop (bluffs, panorama, and ridge - will the footbridge be up last half of April?), Vicente flat, salmon creek, or maybe rocky ridge/soberanes canyon. Looking for optimal views. Don't mind some elevation but don't have time for an all day hike. Do you think we could do 3-4 hours and still have time for the rest? Any favorites or suggestions among these, or one I've missed? Am I being overly ambitious?

Thanks, sue

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big sur hike

The headlands trail at Molera is short and one of my favorite views anywhere. You can head first along the river to the ocean, then backtrack slightly to head north up the ridge to the headlands - you will end up on a small finger out in the ocean where you can sit and look back at the mountains and the waves breaking on the shore. Spectacular.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Big sur hike

This site is probably the best resource to answer your question: http://www.hikinginbigsur.com/

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Mattapoisett, MA
Level Contributor
667 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big sur hike

Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards Andrew Molera as we have not been to that park. Do you know how I could find out if the foot bridge will be up over the river during the week we are there?

Sue

4. Re: Big sur hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Monterey County