We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving in Jacmel

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Scuba Diving in Jacmel

I am visiting Jacmel in September. I would like to scuba dive while I am there. Is there a diving center in Jacmel? I would appreciate any information about one or even one close to this area.

5 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
398 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Scuba Diving in Jacmel

i recommend forgetting about jacmel and researching diving off of ile a vache, a small island near les cayes on the southern coast.

https:/…620821794715430

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
398 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Scuba Diving in Jacmel

oh, you also might want to contact kaliko beach: kalikobeachclub.com/all-inclusive-beach-reso… it's located about 1.5 hours north of port au prince. i know they had a pretty solid diving program around the time of the earthquake and still have it listed on their website. on a sidenote: it's a nice hotel, gets a nice local clientele as well as your run of the mill ngo hippies and religious missionaries, and the area is beautiful.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
779 posts
3. Re: Scuba Diving in Jacmel

No diving center in Jacmel, though there is a surfing club.

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Scuba Diving in Jacmel

Thank you guys for responding. I will check out your recommendations. Thanks again.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
398 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Scuba Diving in Jacmel

have fun, @kenfish. feel free to pm me if you have any other questions about stuff in jacmel or haiti in general.

also, come back to tripadvisor and write about your trip when you get back.

Reply to: Scuba Diving in Jacmel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jacmel
Recent Conversations