We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery JVD or Tortola?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Grocery JVD or Tortola?

Hello everyone,

I'm gonna be in JVD in September and I would ask you where to buy some food and drinks in Jost Van Dyke or West End Tortola, where I take the ferry. Also, I've been seen Bobby's and Ritaway online purchase but It's the first time I've been there.

M thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
728 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Grocery JVD or Tortola?

There are a few small stores on Jost. JVD Grocery and North Marine (by the ferry dock). They will have basic food and drink.

We like to order our food from Riteway and have it delivered to the ferry at the West End for transport to Jost.

Keep in mind that September is the slowest of the slow season and you may find some places closed so they can vacation themselves. Others use this time to rebuild or get ready for the next season. With that being said, the Septembers I quote are prior to Irma. We are seeing quite a bit more activity this summer than historically as people are finally coming back.

Happy Planning and Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
2. Re: Grocery JVD or Tortola?

Thanks Ski2play2002! How is the process to purchase items on Riteway works? You add items to the cart, then pay online and send some instructions to deliver it on the ferry dock in West End Tortola? There's an additional charge for it? Can be food/drink carried on the ferry?

Thanks again.

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
728 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Grocery JVD or Tortola?

It is easy to do.

As you stated, add items to cart, put in special instructions (aka, deliver to 4 pm Ferry at West End on xx/xx/18), and pay. You will get an email confirmation. They will contact you as they fill the order if they don't have something to see if you would like to substitute (alcohol or meats) and/or I have had them substitute without calling but it was say one type of chips for another so not a big deal to me.

There is no extra delivery charge. And yes food/drink can be taken on the ferry. Make sure you tell them in your special instructions to put it on the ferry to Jost, that way if your delayed, your food will at least make it to Jost. Ideally, meet them at the West End and travel over to Jost with your food yourselves.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
4. Re: Grocery JVD or Tortola?

Many thanks! How many days in advance do you recommend to make the order?

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
728 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Grocery JVD or Tortola?

The order must be placed 7 days prior to the delivery date.

AND Yikes, I need to finish my order tonight, this upcoming trip snuck up on me! Great reminder!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
6. Re: Grocery JVD or Tortola?

Thanks Skiplay2002. I would also ask you the better option between Charlotte Amalie to Jost by ferry. I saw Charlotte Amalie-Road Town-Taxi-West End-JVD.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
7. Re: Grocery JVD or Tortola?

ski2play2002 Everything was OK with the provisioning? I'm gonna place the order now and I would like to know payment and delivery options. I will arrive to RT and take taxi to WE.

Thanks!

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
728 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Grocery JVD or Tortola?

Provisioning was good!

Safe Travels!

Reply to: Grocery JVD or Tortola?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke
Recent Conversations