We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Stt to Jvd

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Ferry Stt to Jvd

Dear travellers,

I will be landed in STT at 12.26 pm on Friday and I would spend a whole week in JVD. I've been reading some posts about the ferry schedule but I prefer asking you directly. I ask for recommendations on how to do it (if stay one night in STT and then take the direct ferry to STT or other options).

The same on the return trip (ferry schedule).

Thank you in advance.

Edited: 02 May 2018, 16:53
10 replies to this topic
Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

You arrival time allows plenty of time to get to Jost.

Upon arrival get a taxi to Charolette Amalie ferry dock. There you will purchase a ticket on the next ferry to Tortola. Here is the most reliable schedule that we use.

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_sttCA_tortola.htm

Once you have arrived in Road Town and cleared customs, you will catch a taxi to the West End of Jost. The ferry to Jost leaves there on the even hours between 8 am and 6 pm.

Coming back you just do in reverse. If your flight is earlier than noon to leave, we would go back to STT the night prior.

Happy Planning

4 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

Thank you for your reply @ski2play2002. I've just been looking ferry schedule Tortola-JVD (bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_jost.htm) and I may be late for the 6 pm ferry (last one according to website).

The return trip I would like to take a flight from Charlotte (STT) to San Juan, PR at 7 pm so do you recommend to take the ferry in the morning the same day of the flight? It's all about the reliability of ferry schedule...

Thanks!

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

Albert,

Regarding getting to Jost you will have plenty of time to get from STT to Jost on Friday. There is a 2:30 pm, a 3:30 pm, and a 4:15 pm out of Charolette Amalie. All will get you to Road Town. The last ferry, the 4:15 could be tight to catch the 6 pm to Jost, but it is possible, and we have done it.

We order our groceries from Rite Way and have our favorite cab driver pick them up before she picks us up. Then it is a 20-25 minute ride to the West End.

Regarding your return trip, yes, take the ferry the same day. We like to take the earliest possible to get to STT, but our flights are normally around 1-3 pm. Once back in STT, you can leave your bags at the taxi stand and do some shopping or enjoy a meal. The ferry are reliable in that they go, but there can be delays and sometimes lot of people to go through customs and that slows you down if you cut it too close.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

Thank you for your reply. I am planning the trip and I have two options: 1) Flight Tortola-San Juan-St Thomas or 2) Flight St Thomas-San Juan-St Thomas provided that I will be in JVD. Which is the best in terms of money/time?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
5. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

Hi guys, do you know the name of the ferry company that runs from west end tortola to Jost?

Thanks!

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

New Horizon

4 posts
1 review
7. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

Does anyone know if Ivan's has reopened the campground?

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

I believe they have reopened some of the spots for camping at Ivan's.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
9. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

Anyone knows which bars/restaurants on JVD accept credit cards and which not?

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
37 reviews
10. Re: Ferry Stt to Jvd

We are headed down on Friday, I will report back.

Reply to: Ferry Stt to Jvd
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke
Recent Conversations